Skyrim particle patch for ENB

general download section
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: Skyrim particle patch for ENB

@ jabberwockxeno

You could also try out any of my DNI enbeffect.fx files. The included files are of Boris, HD6, ENB evolved and an Mixed enbeffect.fx from all three. There you have the coding as it sohuld look so you could try adding it to your own file or just use your settings in of those DNI enbeffect.fx files.

The download is at the link in my signature below named "ENB Resources for Skyrim".

Here's my enbeffectfx file: http://www.mediafire.com/?ncyktkkmpt8pao1

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Then go here ENB resources for Skyrim, updated 31/01 scroll down to the download link under the "ENBeffect.fx files with added DNI coding"

Download the RAR folder and inside that RAR folder is a file named Boris v0.123 enbeffect.fx, copy that over to your skyrim root folder (where the TESV.exe is located) and add your settings from your enbeffect.fx to DNI enbeffect.fx and you will now be using a DNI seperated enbeffect.fx ;)

Also rename the file from;

Boris v0.123 enbeffect.fx

To this;

enbeffect.fx.

--JawZ-- wrote:and add your settings from your enbeffect.fx to DNI enbeffect.fx
You mean Boris v0.123 enbeffect.fx, not DNI enbeffect.fx, right?

And how exactly do I add my settings?

Manually go and copy paste everything from my ENB effect file to the new one, without overwritting the seperation stuff? I'm not sure I can do that on my own without screwing anything up. Do the newer ENB versions have this incorperated into it by default?

For example, there's a line named #ifndef POSTPROCESS in mine, right before
#define POSTPROCESS 3, which is absent in the boris one. Am I supposed to add it, or not? What stuff am I messing with?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

No just add the numbered values.

Example;

Post-Process 2

EIntensityContrastV2=1.0

Copy the value from commands like that from your .fx file to my .fx file, nothing else.

Alright.

One last question:

How do the ENB presets on places like the nexus differ from the default one? I know they aren't just the default with customized settings, but how did they change/add things that one can't normally do via the settings in the enbseries.ini?

EDIT:

Actually one more. Since the new enbeffects file has seperate sections for day and night, how am I supposed to copy over values for them since they don't exist?

Also, still wondering if this is incoperated in newer enb versions.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

You kind of lost me with that question there :P But most of the .fx files out there are only changed values in certain commands and "nothing else" there are very rare amount of people that has actually added some new commands to the files themselves.

And you can't add new commands to the enbseries.ini, atleast not without making some code in the .fx files to point to the enbseries.ini file and tell it to read those added commands from there. Any one with deeper understanding of HLSL and any other related coding can correct me if I'm wrong.

You use the same value for the Day, Nights and Interior and then tweak them seperately afterwards ;)

No it is not incoporated in to Boris files he releases with the new updated ENBSeries binary files/dll files.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Thanks for chiming in Jawz and helping out.

You're right, we can't add anything to enbseries.ini ourselves because the stuff in it is used by the main code in d3d9.dll.

2-6-13 version has old and new Windhelm mesh. :)

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Ah, damn. Thanks, I'll get it fixed.