Skyrim particle patch for ENB

general download section
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: Skyrim particle patch for ENB

It seems like there are a couple of different cases:

1) The first person hands get buggy whenever they overlap with a refraction mesh, resulting in a pixelated outline;
2) Two overlapping refraction meshes results in the closer one having a visible outline as if there was no alpha blending;

For some reason it seems like you also get a pixelated outline in case #2 whereas I don't, might be due to a different GPU or settings indeed. I still believe it's the same issue, though.

In any case all the issues seem to be somehow related to the refraction shader so removing it is a 100% fix but then of course we will lose the refraction effect.

How would I go about trying removing that shader? Is it something that I can change in the .ini or in the in-game UI? I'm looking but I'm not finding it >_>

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

You would have to edit each affected mesh manually with Nifskope and while it’s not difficult there’s quite a few of them. I guess I can make something like it as a separate download, I too actually prefer bug-free visuals even if it means losing refraction.

Unless of course I can figure a proper fix but it’s not looking promising.

If you want I can do that by myself so you don't lose time just for me. I would just need to know which meshes to edit and what exactly to change in nifskope (and how to extract meshes from the game I guess).

P.S. I've never used nifskope >_>

I've just discovered a very strange bug:

When you harvest a bunch of Elves Ear, any other nearby bunches of Elves Ear will appear as harvested, even though they aren't. As strange as it sounds, the bug is caused by the particle patch.

Steps to reproduce:

coc RiverwoodAlvorsHouse

pick up an Elves Ear

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Thanks, I'll look into this - most likely an oversight from my part.

Hi Mindflux!

Decided to drop you that save now :) This was the transparent first person fire effect(SSE) problem few pages back again on top of the throat of the world, going nuts with the frost effect there.

A reference image of the problem

Clean save that I used the get there had a hoarding problem, please ignore that :roll:

Happy holidays and new years!

Ewi
*sensei*

happy new year Mindflux and big thanks for all your work!

Ewi

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Oh thanks, happy New Year to you too Ewi and of course everyone else around as well! :P

(And yes, I'll try try to pick up modding again as soon as I have time.)

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I updated the SSE patch with most of the contents for the classic Skyrim, converted for SSE + new fixes for couple of smoke effects I saw.

It's still a test version so if you use the patch please do report any issues.