Skyrim particle patch for ENB

general download section
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: Skyrim particle patch for ENB

Alright, then I guess I just forgot, sorry about that.

If you still have the link that would be perfect, there are probably issues with other spells as well.

Don't worry!

I found the thread on the phone: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=3726

P.S. to me it happens with fire spells too, especially when there's a fire or some other particular thing in the background. I haven't tried other spells yet but I wouldn't be surprised if it happens with others too.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Sorry for the delay, too busy with work.

Any specific test cases? I just tested conjuration in front of a campfire but didn't see the same bug as in SSE.

I saw this with "fireball" (by holding the button to ready it) and probably "incinerate" too. also there was a pixelated outline on the edge of the summoned sword ("bound sword") which is visible on any background. Here's a screenshot:

I'll test some more spells and I'll tell you. Thanks for your time.

Edit: Wow I noticed there's an outline even around fires.

Also there's a pixelated line running through the fires, "below" them. I'm in Solitude near the palace where the imperials reside.

Edit #2: The big fire in the middle of the courtyard has a big outline too... I noticed it only now:

https://i.imgur.com/PfzCPuW.jpg (the image is big so I linked it)

Edit #3: There's a very ugly outline around the fingers too:

Edit #4:
Cure spells have an outline that is visible when NOT in front of a fire (it's distinguishable even in front of fire, but at least it's not pixelated).
Magic shield spells like "lesser ward" have an outline while casting them (the shield's outline). I noticed that they also distort the outline of other things, for example a weapon in the other hand (it normally distorts the images as well so it's not a big deal). Here's a screenshot: https://i.imgur.com/iAvCPiX.jpg
The "muffle" illusion spell has an outline that is visible whether or not you're charging it and whether or not there's a fire in the background.
"Telekinesis", like cure spells, has an outline that becomes transparent in front of fire.

Spells with other visual effects seem to be ok.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Maybe outlines are temporal antialiasing enabled in enblocal.ini?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Possible, I can't seem to be able to repro the pixelated outline at all.

However I do see the alpha issue with refraction meshes, it's a vanilla bug and I have no idea whether it can be fixed.

"EnableTemporalAA" is off and nothing changes if I toggle it in the in-game UI.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Thanks for checking.

Should have been more precise... Forgot to mention that the outlines around first person hands is an age old issue that appears even in the vanilla game as far as I'm aware, no idea whether that is fixable either.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Actually, the hands I can fix.

That would be great!

Could the other issues be caused by some wrong settings in my GPU? (Though I controlled them and most stuff isn't overriding the game's settings) Or maybe I should try updating the drivers? I have a GTX 850M, if it matters.