Skyrim particle patch for ENB

general download section
  • Author

Re: Skyrim particle patch for ENB

As for Embers HD, I guess you could already tell that I'm not a fan of SSE :lol:
Hehe yeah I figured as much :D . It really sucks that SSE didn't simply improve Skyrim but comes with some serious drawbacks as well, lack of proper ENB and SKSE (at the moment at least) being the most problematic. On the other hand, SSE runs soooooo much smoother compared to Oldrim and is so much more stable out of the box due to 64bit. Some of the new effects are also really nice, such as the new water shader that fixes the water flow direction, something mods in Oldrim couldn't do, the much improved shadows or the godrays. The loadtimes are also so much better and it finally makes use of up to 8 threads so you don't get bottlenecked anymore despite having a super fast CPU, it really feels so much better from a performance perspective.

But visually it really lacks compared to modded Oldrim, which especially sucks since we now have a better platform to crank up the graphics but lack the proper tools :|
That mod too was created to take advantage of ENB and since I hate the fact that it wouldn't look how I want in SSE I doubt I will myself release an SSE version, it would be pointless really... That said I think the original mod works with SSE so you can always use that. If there are any problems just let me know and I'm willing to take a look at them, I'm not heartless.
Alright, fair enough :) I already ported it for my own personal use and it seems to work just fine, I just prefer an official version done by professionals rather than my own amateur self ;) If I do run into any problems later on I'll take you up on that offer, but for now it is looking good, many thanks for the offer though!
Thanks for your kind words about the patch and Embers HD, appreciated.
Just stating the truth ;)

Hi! I tried to skim the thread somewhat fast to see anyone reported this, so apologies if this has been reported.

But in SSE whenever you cast conjuration spell, it affects the first person spell effect on the hands showing the outlines ( similar to this report ). It mainly affects only fire spells to my knowledge, so if you hold a fire spell and cast conjuration you will see the problem. Also note that casting conjuration spells in front of any fires causes the distortion ( or mesh outline whatever the correct term is ) to show, so its not entirely affecting only spells but other fire effects.

This screenshot has been taken in Vanilla SSE, it shows the described effect on fire spell and on the fireplace when conjuration is cast. https://imgur.com/a/Eg9Tx
https://imgur.com/a/gzK6l ( this shows the effect on fires bit better )

I did try using your vanilla fixes, to see if they had any effects, but results were pretty same.

Figured to report it if you do tackle SSE issues, but otherwise have a great weekend :) !

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

No worries, I'll take a look.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Right, this should fix the issue (at least the one in your images, might be more):

https://mega.nz/#!y49GHaLb!26MEnWXoQBRJ ... _ytK15wuvk

SSE patch updated with the same files.

mindflux wrote:Right, this should fix the issue (at least the one in your images, might be more):

https://mega.nz/#!y49GHaLb!26MEnWXoQBRJ ... _ytK15wuvk

SSE patch updated with the same files.
Thanks mindflux this fixed the issue!

I have found one more effect that causes an issue similar to previous one, its in throat of the world when you return the elder scroll to receive dragonrend ( I have absolutely no clue on what effect that is). But it causes fire spells to do its weird thing :) https://imgur.com/WCiuMW2
Ill try to see if I find anything else bonkers with the sse, but for now thank you so much for the fix!

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

No problem, glad to be of help.

Uh, how am I going to repro the next one? :D

mindflux wrote:No problem, glad to be of help.

Uh, how am I going to repro the next one? :D
Honestly you dont have to! If ill find more issues ill drop a clean vanilla save from that point( If I even remember this in the future), but for now id say just ignore it :)

Hey, I recently started playing Skyrim again and I noticed this problem you fixed for SSE (pixelated outlines with some spells). Can you please fix it for the original Skyrim too? I just installed the patch but the problem is still there so I guess you only fixed it for SSE.

Thanks!

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

You mean the issue Jips reported above?

To be honest I didn't even check with the classic Skyrim, thought that if it indeed does occur there too somebody should have reported it after all these years.

Well I'm reporting it now, lol. Anyway, yesterday I found another thread from 2015 where a guy had this issue. He solved it by himself by editing the meshes, you asked him if he could tell you which files they were but he never replied. I can link you the thread when I get back home.