Skyrim particle patch for ENB

general download section
  • Author

Re: Skyrim particle patch for ENB

mindflux wrote: 13 Jan 2022, 10:39 SSE or LE? That looks like some sort of an issue with the footprints mod.
SSE.
Yeah, footprints are buggy too, but I am talking not about it :)
Atronach flame have weird transparency. Or it could be affected by Footprints mod? Without particle patch a flame looks fine.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

In vanilla game the atronach flames are rendered as standard particles, not fire.

At my end it looks completely normal and is affected by the [FIRE] parameters at it should:

mindflux wrote: 11 Jan 2022, 16:27 That's great to hear, you're very welcome.
Well, seems like footprints meshes are also ignoring shadows. (They are bright during day or near fire despite being in shadowed zone.
Any suggestions please =)

mindflux wrote: 13 Jan 2022, 14:26 In vanilla game the atronach flames are rendered as standard particles, not fire.

At my end it looks completely normal and is affected by the [FIRE] parameters at it should:

I can see her spine though her belly.
Isn't it broken too? It looks fine without particle patch.

Here is example from internet of how atronarch should look for comparison:

The problem with atronach is that fire is completely transparent for her plates and we can see far side through the flames

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

You can see through the flames because flames are partially transparent. In vanilla the flames are rendered with standard blending so they are opaque.

But it's an easy fix, if you're not bothered that the flames are not considered fire by ENB simply delete the atronach related files.

---

Alright, now it's not as transparent anymore:

mindflux wrote: 13 Jan 2022, 17:06 You can see through the flames because flames are partially transparent. In vanilla the flames are rendered with standard blending so they are opaque.

But it's an easy fix, if you're not bothered that the flames are not considered fire by ENB simply delete the atronach related files.

---

Alright, now it's not as transparent anymore:

Yeah, thank you, I did it, but...
With your version the fire looks better than vanilla, but at the same time it looks like there is no flame inside her.
Is it possible to restrict the fire overlapping with the armor? Maybe there is some z-sorting fix for transparent surfaces?

Hi, @mindflux. I wanted to get your thoughts. This is from Tamriel Master Lights. I find the effect overdone and unrealistic. But I do get get what he was going for. I don't want to remove the dust particles, just tone them done. What do you recommend? Image

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I know what you mean, it's very tricky to add these kinds of effects since they will often look very different on different setups.

I take it that you don't want to adjust particle brightness on a global basis? That being the case the only option is to open that nif with Nifskope and decrease the Emissive Multiple under the BSEffectShaderProperty. If it's just that one mesh it should be a breeze.

Thanks. Let's see how it goes.