Skyrim particle patch for ENB

general download section
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: Skyrim particle patch for ENB

Yes, that's exactly what I thought. Lower subsurface scattering to 0.0 or so to somewhat remedy the issue.

Newer ENB versions have separate controls for vegetation subsurface scattering so you don't have to live with all subsurface scattering disabled.

Your lantern question solved my problem by the way. I was using some false mods. I mean I had Lanterns of Skyrim All in one but still had loaded "Bridges", "Around the cities" separated mods, probably those were too much. I'll check that plant stuff now. Thanks for help, they are a bit annoying. :)

Edit: That subsurface scattering helped, thanks a lot. Do I have to set all (Vegetation, Object) subsurface to 0.0? For the better shadow experience?

Have these now:

[OBJECT]
SubSurfaceScatteringMultiplierDay=0.475
SubSurfaceScatteringMultiplierNight=0.2375
SubSurfaceScatteringMultiplierInterior=0.2375
SubSurfaceScatteringPowerDay=0.475
SubSurfaceScatteringPowerNight=9.5
SubSurfaceScatteringPowerInterior=9.5
SubSurfaceScatteringMultiplierInteriorDay=1.0
SubSurfaceScatteringMultiplierInteriorNight=1.0
SubSurfaceScatteringPowerInteriorDay=1.0
SubSurfaceScatteringPowerInteriorNight=1.0

[VEGETATION]
SubSurfaceScatteringMultiplierDay=0.0
SubSurfaceScatteringMultiplierNight=1.0
SubSurfaceScatteringMultiplierInteriorDay=1.0
SubSurfaceScatteringMultiplierInteriorNight=1.0
SubSurfaceScatteringPowerDay=1.0
SubSurfaceScatteringPowerNight=1.0
SubSurfaceScatteringPowerInteriorDay=1.0
SubSurfaceScatteringPowerInteriorNight=1.0

Maybe it's not the best topic for this, sorry for that but I'm a bit new about modify an ENB.
Last edited by syzgod on 10 Feb 2013, 21:09, edited 1 time in total.

Any chance this could be fixed aswell?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Svarog
Sure, here you go: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8940928/trap_fix.zip

Thanks for the heads-up, I'll get the fix included into the main patch as well.

syzgod
Judging by that screenshot you posted it's probably best if you leave the scattering multiplier and power for vegetation at 0.0 or 0.1 at most. As for the rest, it's very difficult to say because many settings affect how subsurface scattering reacts, so it's best to just experiment. Generally speaking, multiplier increases the intensity of the effect and power acts like gamma control, i.e. increasing it will make skin appear redder.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I find spiderwebs in general can be very reflective when in areas with alot of pointlighting. Both Intricate Spiderwebs and Dense Cobwebs yield the same results when used with ENB. Extremely bright and reflective. Haven't tested vanilla, but I think this is the same. Hillgrunds Tomb is a good testing area (the chamber with the boss, look up at the ceiling), aswell as Bleak Falls Barrow (where you encounter the Frost Spider).

ENB Binary Archive

Intel i5 3570k @4.4ghz, 8gb Corsair Vengeance @1667hz, MSI Twin Frozr III R7950 BE @1.2ghz

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Very true, and I have actually been looking for a solution already. Initially I wanted to make the webs work the same way as particles, but I haven't been able to get their alpha sorting to work properly when shadow-casting light sources are present, so it's very likely that I will only settle with making the webs darker and not as sensitive to light. Thanks for the tips regarding testing locations, I will take a look.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Anytime my friend.

ENB Binary Archive

Intel i5 3570k @4.4ghz, 8gb Corsair Vengeance @1667hz, MSI Twin Frozr III R7950 BE @1.2ghz

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Any type of blending have same artifacts, some more noticable, some less, but smooth blending srcalpha/invsrcalpha should be fine anyway. May be the issue is with zwrite=true? Don't know if this is controlled in model or material properties, but wrong alpha sorting will make troubles for thin elements like webs only when z enabled and zwrite too.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Thanks for the tips, I will check. If I remember correctly, currently z-test is enabled and z-write disabled.

Well, I spent like two hours yesterday looking for a solution. In vanilla, webs have properties of fire, that's why they are so bright, don't shadow properly and seemingly vanish completely with certain imagespace modifications. I managed to make them blend correctly and look good near a light source, but depending on the angle they get totally black when no light sources are present even though the screen brightness is not near zero - looks pretty scary...

I have to admit I still don't know how the hell this stuff is supposed to work in this game.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

If they are black, may be ambient color is not set to them? Ambient split in two, one is directional +-x, +-y, +-z and it's global, another one should be local per object. If ambient is applied properly then depends from texture's alpha i guess.