Skyrim particle patch for ENB

general download section
  • Author

Re: Skyrim particle patch for ENB

Yes I tried it out after Mindflux mentioned it. Currently I am using Natural Lighting Vivid Atmospherics - I am an old NLA user - and with your fixes the night is much more enjoyable. I will give you note if I find something that needs to be fixed. Currently it is day, so I will have some time until I can see possible issues.

Please help, I am trying to download the particle patch but it says the authors dropbox is generating too much traffic. I can't find an alternate link.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

You guys aren't trying to use the patch with SE, are you? I haven't tested it myself but I'd be surprised if it did more good than harm since it's meant to be used with ENB specificially.

For what it's worth here are new links, the ones in the main post have also been updated:

PARTICLE PATCH ALL-IN-ONE INSTALLATION
PARTICLE PATCH SELECTIVE INSTALLATION
SUBSURFACE SCATTERING PATCH

Your mod was one of the first I thought about when I listed which one I should use again, but being created with ENB in mind, skipped it looking at the current situation.

Anyway, it's definitely an improvement, but I believe it won't be as essential as it was until ENB is (or isn't) ported to SE.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Thanks, that's pretty much what I expected. Most of the changes introduced in the patch will be more or less unnoticeable without ENB and in the best case might even be considered an improvement, but since I have absolutely not tested the patch with SE (although I did give SE a quick spin, looked familiar...) I guess there can be some that can have an detrimental effect.

I have not noticed anything weird since I installed it, neither did I searched for anything special actually, embers are fine, fire particles are too, maybe fog/smoke related things considering that new volumetric lighting added.

Will report if I do notice something.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

From what I've been experimenting, the Particle Patch is no issues with the SE.
The Subsurface scattering one, on the contrary, is a no go : children's hands disappearing, etc.
Lian Li PC011 Dynamic, Corsair AX 1500i PSU, i9 10850K @5.0 Ghz, Aorus Z490 Ultra, RTX3090 MSI Gaming X Trio, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB RAM@3600, Corsair MP600 1TB NVME System Drive, 10 TB Storage, W10 Pro 64, Custom Hard Tubing Watercooling Loop

*master*

Mindflux,

What values must one use to assign a glow effect mesh to be controlled by fire or lightsprite controls in ENB? The "fxfirewithembers02.nif" and "fxfirewithembers01.nif" meshes in the particle patch aren't responding to any controls that I can see. Prior to installing the particle patch, these meshes were affected by window light intensity as is documented in your Embers HD mod. You changed the shader type for the effect meshes but I don't see how they're being controlled (i.e., they're always at a set strength). Here are some screenshots to illustrate what I'm talking about:

First, all ENB effects are disabled and all lights (DL, AL, PL, Fire, Lightsprite, Object, Fog, etc.) are set to 0.0. These are not the effect meshes from the particle patch - I believe they are the meshes from Embers HD. Note how the firepit effect mesh is affected by window light values.

Now these are from after installing the all in one particle patch and choosing to overwrite everything. Again, every light source is disabled in ENB:

Note how much brighter the firepit glow effect is. Instead of a glow effect shader type, it's using a default shader type with a grayscale texture reference. The alpha blending modes seem to be identical. Ideally, I'd like to identify how to fix this so that I may also apply the fix to those candles as well, since they don't seem to respond to any light source in ENB controls, but this seems far too bright and washed out and I don't see how it's controlled by ENB variables.
Last edited by Maeldun on 14 Nov 2016, 08:02, edited 1 time in total.

Been using this on SSE. Works okay. Not as good as before of course. But I found a problem:

File data/meshes/effects/fxdrips01_more.nif causes a CTD in Riften Jail.

I did a lot of testing and narrowed it down to this although I did have an END and reshade active so it could be a compatibility problem? I don't know anything about this stuff so I don't know. All I know is removing this file stopped the CTD. I can do some more testing if you guys don't think this file should be a problem.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Maeldun
Prior to installing the patch, do you mean with the vanilla meshes or the Embers HD meshes? It's been a while but if I remember right the vanilla firepit meshes are not affected by any category, however those from the Embers HD mod are since they're using the glow shader. I don't think the particle patch touches the firepit meshes at all since, mostly because I didn't know what to do with them.

Furthermore, by glow effect mesh, do you mean a mesh using glow shader or simply a mesh that looks like it's supposed to glow? Those are two very different things. I take it that you want to use the vanilla firepit but have it respond to ENB parameters? Your best option, as far as I can see, is to convert it to a glow shader like I did with my Embers HD, however, the caveat is that you won't be able to replicate the vanilla look because you can't use the grayscale texture. It might be possible to place them under [PARTICLE] category too, but I would need to double-check. Anyway, I don't know if that's a good idea since they're really not particles or effects.

jonrd21
Do you mean with SSE or the original game?