Skyrim particle patch for ENB

general download section
  • Author

Re: Skyrim particle patch for ENB

mindflux wrote:If you want the webs to glow in the dark like in the vanilla game, simply delete everything web related in data/meshes/effects.

Or did I misunderstand what you hoping to achieve?
Thanks so much for answering my call for help, mindflux!!! Yes I'd much rather be able to see the webs without using a torch. It breaks immersion for me because there is an invisible wall of web in Bleak Falls Barrow.

I took your advice. I tried to hide all the web-related meshes in your patches + the high res retexture using Mod Organizer, but I'm still having the problem. More so, when I use your patches without high res texture OR just the high res texture without your patches, I have the problem. It's only when I deactivate the high res textures AND your patches do I see the invisible wall of web, or any webs for that matter without a torch.

Should I just delete everything web-related instead of hiding in MO? Will that make a difference?

Do you know what causes this glitch? Could it be another mod? I don't think I'm using anything else that affects webs tho...

Is there any way to see the webs without torch AND use your ENB patches + high res texture?

I appreciate your time and patience. Thanks again!

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

No problem, glad to be of help if I can.

Anyway, I looked into the mod (what you refer to as 'high res texture' I take it) you're using and noticed that in case you're using ELFX you should be also using ELFXEnhanced.esp or the ESP listed under optionals of WEBS Extended, so it does sound like ELFX might be the cause of your issues (or more to the point, you don't have the ESP enabled). Maybe that's the culprit?

mindflux wrote:No problem, glad to be of help if I can.

Anyway, I looked into the mod (what you refer to as 'high res texture' I take it) you're using and noticed that in case you're using ELFX you should be also using ELFXEnhanced.esp or the ESP listed under optionals of WEBS Extended, so it does sound like ELFX might be the cause of your issues (or more to the point, you don't have the ESP enabled). Maybe that's the culprit?
Awesome! Glad you could take a look. Yes, I am using ELFX. I saw the optional ELFX file for WEBS but the author mentions in his description that the current version of ELFX (v2) shouldn't have this problem displaying his webs...

But since WEBS hasn't been updated in a while and ELFX has (currently v3), perhaps a conflict has happened. I will try the optional WEBS ELFX file later today and let you know.

However, I should also mention that I get the invisible web glitch when using just your ENB patches without the high res texture. Even when I delete/hide your web meshes, I cannot see the webs unless I deactivate both your ENB patches + high res texture.

Do you think ELFX (specifically the Enhancer) is the cause of this?

EDIT: Seems the webs come back after disabling the ELFX Enhancer. Kinda sucks but oh well...

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Hi Mindflux, thanks a lot for the permission. Something tells me, that Enderal isn't prepared to work with ENB :)

English is not my native language.

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO AC, Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280, Nvidia Geforce RTX 2070 Super, 64GB ram

Thanks for updating to include the relevant USLEEP fixes. This will be of benefit to everyone since everyone uses USLEEP...or should be. Now we can simply overwrite USLEEP and call it a day! :D

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

No worries, thanks to you for the help! Now even I'm using USLEEP :D

Hi guys, I am currently really enjoying Enderal for Skyrim, but it is really annoying that at night some plants and trees are glowing like hell. There was also a beehive that illuminated the whole forest.
Is it possible to fix it? I mean I already installed the Particle Patch, but it seems like Enderal is using different textures, so the fix will not be applied..

A side question: How can I fix the gamma of screenshots? I mean I take a screenshot and if I compare the brightness of them with the brightness ingame, there is a huge difference..

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I know absolutely nothing about Enderal (it looks great, just don't have the time now), but I think Guzio was working on fixing some of the bugs found in it.

Thank you, I will give it a try. Can you give me a brief information about the technique behind making models compatible with ENB? I mean I installed your Particle Patch and I have some mods that alter the same models. Those mods don't have the information that they use your Patch. Is it something like open the nif file and add a word or something?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Estebanium -- I have fixed these glowing trees, birds and a few other annoying things. All you can find in my preset for Enderal :)

English is not my native language.

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO AC, Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280, Nvidia Geforce RTX 2070 Super, 64GB ram