Skyrim particle patch for ENB

general download section
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: Skyrim particle patch for ENB

Which game, classic Skyrim or SSE?

You probably need to change the alpha blending from additive to standard (4333) and if necessary fix the lighting influence parameter (increase it).

Icy

mindflux wrote:Which game, classic Skyrim or SSE?

You probably need to change the alpha blending from additive to standard (4333) and if necessary fix the lighting influence parameter (increase it).

It is for old skyrim. Unless I've configured something badly. I will try to apply your suggestions. Thanks!

mindflux, thanks for your work, i'm really grateful.

But, do you really needed to upload the patches to Mega? Really scummy cloud service, first it required account creation and now it says I have to pay in order to download 2 small files, really scummy move.

Sorry to say it, but I really wanted to give a feedback on this.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Does Mega have quotas these days? That sucks. I just picked Mega because I was used to using it and it seemed to work fine (no ads, etc.).

If you know a good file sharing service please let me know, I can upload the files basically anywhere just as long as ads aren't too intrusive.

Thanks for your response.

So, I managed to download both files after I installed their cloud app. I think they don't let you download via browser anymore, unless you pay for it.

Downloaded and uninstalled, and you are right, they seem to be light on ads, but I have some old resistance with megaupload.

If you could upload it to google drive and disponibilize the link for download I think would be more noob friendly, but you know.

Once again, thanks for your work!

Thank you for continuing to provide updates for your excellent mods!
Earlier today I played around with some alternatives from Nexus and was immediately reminded in-game just how good that particle patch really is - outstanding!
By the way, the dropbox links for LONG FIELD GRASS and CLOVER PATCH FOREST GRASS both returned a 404 just now. The MEGA links worked reliably as always.

EDIT: Your mesh glowingmushroomsingle01.nif provides these nice "stumps" that remain when the mushroom was picked. However, that stump is really very bright in my game. Is that intentional? Its emission value is 6.27, whereas the rest of the mushroom has 1.0.
https://i.imgur.com/QeRc44N.jpg

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Thanks for the heads-up, links fixed now. I will add a Google Drive mirror for those having problems with Mega.

The bright mushroom stump is definitely a stump, I'll add a fix to the patch when I have some free time to work with the patch.

And thanks, glad to hear you still find particle patch useful! Good to see you around too, it's been a while (haven't been very active lately).

Thanks for fixing the links! Worked like a charm now.
mindflux wrote:glad to hear you still find particle patch useful!
Oh yes, and more than that. I'm not a bootlicker but I will say your contributions to the game are beyond measure. The fog, steam, fire and dust effects (among others) are simply outstanding and they add so much to the game, but not in a loud, in-your-face kind of way like many other mods.
Not to mention the ferns! I never knew you had updated them from their original release until I came here the other day. The new extra-subtle animations are amazing work, thanks so much.

My only problem is deciding which of my favourite mods should take priority - a decision that needs to be reconsidered whenever one of them gets updated, sigh. For instance, I use (and love!) ELFX 3, SMIM, 4K Parallax Skyrim by Pfuscher, W.A.T.E.R. and of course your own embers and smoking torches mods, to name just a few, and each of these mods conflict with the particle patch more or less.
Now if the patch was just a retexture of, say, the Whiterun city wall, the decision would be easy. But the reality is far more complicated.
If you ever have some spare time and are amenable I would really appreciate some guidance on this. Many of the effect meshes are too sophisticated for me to just open them in NifSkope and decide which one will work better in-game and there are simply too many possible combinations for a pick-and-choose approach.
TIA!

EDIT: I think there is something wrong with swordfern04.nif - both the Vanilla and Ewi versions: https://i.imgur.com/5Ky7zAW.jpg
Here is a screenshot of the same mesh from the original release 2013: https://i.imgur.com/HnqTpP8.jpg

Questions about the subsurface scattering patch:

As far as SMIM and SS patch are concerned how do they affect NPC's?

If I want skin to have subsurface scattering what all do I need?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

ShmooZ
As far as skin is concerned, the SSS patch is only needed to enable SSS on children - on other races it will work even without the patch as long as it's enabled in the ENB settings.

No sure what do you mean with SMIM patch?