Skyrim particle patch for ENB

general download section
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: Skyrim particle patch for ENB

Yes you need, they are a different thing so I kept them separate.

Thanks. Well, tried it. Children's skin looks now more brightly, it reduces neck's seam, but even in shadowed areas, their faces look unusual (like aliens with dark eyes). Don't know maybe that's specifically because of Rudy ENB (I use this one). :|

Edit: with Rudy ENB the whole children's skin (except face) looks brightly without the patch too, the patch only matches face skin to the body. So I guess it's not the patch issue.
Last edited by kesss on 19 Jul 2017, 07:47, edited 1 time in total.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

After applying the patch the children are affected by the subsurface scattering parameters in the same way as adults, so if the adults look fine I doubt it's the preset (Rudy ENB is quality work so I doubt it otherwise too). Maybe you're using a texture replacer that modifies the children's skin? I guess most such mods have been created with SSS disabled for children so they will look wrong after it's enabled.

With Rudy ENB the whole children's skin (except face) looks brightly without the patch too, the patch only matches face tone to the body. So I guess it's not the patch issue.

No, I do not use any children mods at all. Only the one that somehow affects them is Rustic Clothes retexture mod.

Adults look fine. I use SG female textures and SkySight for males, and even without the patch, I have no problem with adults' skin.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Hmm do you mean that the skin looks too red? I just checked without any mods other than the patch and at least for me the children's skin looks too red especially in the shadow. I don't remember it being like that back in the day when I created the patch so I guess I must have been using additional mods back then. In any case I'll check what can be done.

The skin looks bright and saturated, I wouldn't say it's too red but close to orange, guess it depends on an ENB preset.

Well, instead I found on Nexus a texture mod for children, and now with your patch children look much better :) The seam is still a bit visible on closer look, but a skin tone fits the environment nicely.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Well that sounds great :D Now that I'm beginning to remember I remember that the children would require quite a bit of extra effort to make them shade as good as the adults, they're at least missing model space normal maps + other bits. Hopefully someone has already made good mods for that, I need to check those too.

Yeah, the children of Skyrim are special :) And thanks for the patches!

Hey, I can't seem to get the particle patch to work with any ENB preset (Skyrim Classic). Image There's a picture of my Mod Organizer and here Imageis one of how it all looks in game. I have tried installing MindFlux's Particle Patch in various different ways and deleted everything and reinstalled 3 times. I have also tried this with different load orders and starting the game with different executables. The only mod I have installed is Vivid Weathers. I can't seem to figure out why the particle patch does nothing at all to my game.
Any help is appreciated!

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

How do you know the patch is not working (image is not showing)?