Depth of Field help

• Author

Depth of Field help

Hello,

I need some help please... I've downloaded Unreal Cinema - ENB and 139 (wrapper vers) as following instruction as best I could. Every time I goto turn on DOF instead of the subject being in focus/sharp and background being blurred like normal, everything is blurred instead?

Is there something I can edit or something I've done wrong to allow this to occur, can someone help me please?

I've recently re installed Skyrim and only had this problem once before but just tried a different ENB which worked and I didn't get that problem.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: Depth of Field help

Are you using Crossfire?

I have one Ati 6990 only, no crossfire unless that thing runs it in secret as it is a two in one chipset.

Other things I can tell you is that I took out atimgpud.dll (Crossfire related I think) from the Skyrim dir, because I read that is was basically useless and if deleted Windows should automatically look for or use the latest driver version anyway. But I did back it up if this might the problem?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Yes, 6990 is basically a Crossfire card - not two in one chipset, but two on one PCB.

There's a specific, older version of Matso's DOF that works with Crossfire, but I can't remember which one it is from the top of my head. I'll try to find out, but in the meantime you can try out my SkyRealism enbeffectprepass.fx and see whether is it works.
Attachments
enbeffectprepass.fx
(34.5 KiB) Downloaded 64 times

Cheers dude, I'll give that ago and come back to you.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Got it now, the last Matso's DOF that works with CF is 2.0.5. It's attainable at least by downloading UnBleak by akiro/trustinall.

Other than that, if you're interested in little tinkering by yourself check out this thread for a possible workaround.

I tried your effect file but with no luck :(, Image (This is what I get with every ENB with DOF on) ... Thanks again I'll look into those new links you sent :)

I don't suppose you have or know anyone around online who has the modified SKSE exe's for the Skyrim to Oblivion rename work around?

The original links are down ;)

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

It's been a long time since I used SKSE, but doesn't it work if you place the attached file in data/SKSE?
Attachments
skse.ini
(34 Bytes) Downloaded 55 times

Nope no luck. Must not look for a ini file any longer, It just comes up with cannot find TESV.exe. I'm just downloading Visual Studio now and I haven't a clue how to use it yet :p.