[poll] Dark Souls modding

Dark Souls modding

Yes, it need mod.
86%
Don't need the mod for it, graphics is good.
3%
Game is bad and hard on consoles, nobody need it on pc.
0%
Game is not popular, so no sense to develop mod.
2%
Better to find another game for modding.
8%

Total votes: 310
  • Author

Re: [poll] Dark Souls modding

When you are in a dark cave, you feel hopeless. You know that anything can kill you. If you die for any reason, you know that the only reason you died is because of you. When a black phantom invades you, you feel a huge danger, an evil wind in the air. You know that this person is just as strong, fast, and smart as you. You know that this person has no goal, other than to kill you.
http://i.minus.com/ip7vZ8C8o8DR9.jpg
When a new enemy faces you, you know that it WILL be able to kill you unless you LEARN and ADAPT. Every boss is stronger, more intimidating than you. But I go on. I know that with my OWN skill, intelligence, and patience, and NOT numbers, I know I will live. I know the deep, amazing gameplay will help me win with my brain. I know that I will be rewarded with a vast world that is as beautiful as it is deadly.
http://www.abload.de/img/3ryjtu.png
Every ray of light that pierces the clouds and reflects off my armor is proof of that. THAT is why this game is amazing. The world, the amazing combat, and the raw emotion you feel when you play through it!
http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/900 ... E3A64C2F9/

So please, reconsider and enjoy this game for what it is, amazing and full of love. Praise the sun!

Sometimes i hate you, Boris. 'Cause u support your english version of web-pages, but do not support russian ones.
И это плохо. Например самой последней новости, как раз про это голосование, нету на русской версии страницы. А также мода под Fallout NV нет в разделе downloads, если ты зашел в него под индексом "_ru". Эх, Борис, вы меня разочаровываете. Вы же русский в конце концов... Понимаю, страна у нас параша, а точнее ее правительство(вспомним хотя бы тот же недавний случай с Pussy Riot). Но это не повод обижаться на всех русских, что исходит из вашего поведения. Или есть какая то другая причина?
P.S. И да, на мой взгляд эта игра не стоит мода. Присмотритесь к какой-нибудь другой. Проголосовал соответствующе. Ds ujdy.r

Josephus

This is my first comment on this whole ENB-Project, despite watching it quite a while. I really appreciate your effort, Boris. I don't know if you are aware of that, but you are one of the few people who make PC-gaming what is is. I wanted to tell you that.
As for Dark Souls: It seems to be a interesting game (I also didn't play it or the predecessor), less mainstream, and I intended to buy it for PC. Unfortunately, word has it the PC-version only runs in 720x1024, has a framecap of 30 fps, and also performance issues, since it is a 1:1 port. I don't know how true these data will be when they finally release, maybe things have been changed. But in case that's right, I (and most PC-Players) won't buy it.
It is a pity, but I think you should focus your resources on other games.

P.S.: I am thankful you mod Skyrim, since the only game I am looking forward to in the next few years is Enderal (So don't say anything against german RPGs ;)).

Kind Regards,
Josephus

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

shingouki
Screenshot is exactly what i saw on first pc gameplay video, very bad lighting when many objects are not lit at all. This game will be tricky to modify, i guess.

CosmicBlue
Which german rpg did you had in mind?
Don't remember, saw many, Two Worlds for example. They release rpg as fast as simulators (of scavenger, of tractor-driver, of schoolar).

Rizhall
I've got donation to buy the game with comment about it, so at least i will not cry from poor game quality. The only problem now is DRM malware, i need to plug off 3 hdd somehow, but they contain all software required for modding. May be xliveless from gta4 will help, but only if Steam not installing various addons from friends in MS before game start.

Svetomech
Russian speaking users acting as haters and swear on me without any reason, they just like to call everybody "f* ga*", etc,etc,etc, but i'm not in that age and never was such a rude person. I see ip of users posted on the forum, old guestbook or e-mailed me, so i know that only ukranians and russians acting like that (the only one exception was with some crazy guy from pakistan, he wrote that all russians are american pigs and must die, but i know already that what our country doing to support eastern countries do not have any reply in people hearts, better just to stop and let's usa do whatever they want, nobody care). I'm going in to mad state very fast after speaking with such russians (who are less then 30 years old), so the simplest way is just to not support them and ignore completely.
Или есть какая то другая причина?
Уже писал много раз, что мод делаю почти всегда жутко уставшим и сразу выкладываю на сайт, ничего удивительного, что на его русской версии чего-то отсутствует или запорчены ссылки. А голосование по Dark Souls не поставил, потому что умышленно начнут портить статистику голосования для этой игры, ибо неадекватны к японским и консольным портам (да и вкусы по топу игр в россии совершенно иные).

ENBSeries wrote: Svetomech
Russian speaking users acting as haters and swear on me without any reason, they just like to call everybody "f* ga*", etc,etc,etc, but i'm not in that age and never was such a rude person. I see ip of users posted on the forum, old guestbook or e-mailed me, so i know that only ukranians and russians acting like that (the only one exception was with some crazy guy from pakistan, he wrote that all russians are american pigs and must die, but i know already that what our country doing to support eastern countries do not have any reply in people hearts, better just to stop and let's usa do whatever they want, nobody care). I'm going in to mad state very fast after speaking with such russians (who are less then 30 years old), so the simplest way is just to not support them and ignore completely.
Или есть какая то другая причина?
Уже писал много раз, что мод делаю почти всегда жутко уставшим и сразу выкладываю на сайт, ничего удивительного, что на его русской версии чего-то отсутствует или запорчены ссылки. А голосование по Dark Souls не поставил, потому что умышленно начнут портить статистику голосования для этой игры, ибо неадекватны к японским и консольным портам (да и вкусы по топу игр в россии совершенно иные).
Интересную статистику ты провел... ну чтож, тогда мне остается только уважить твое мнение. Хорошо, что все-таки оно обоснованное, а не как я подумал в самом начале. По поводу Dark Souls - я проголосовал за другую игру, но поступил несколько опрометчиво, т.к. не играл, собственно, в Dark Souls. Но мне ее довольно нахваливали, особенно за боевую систему. Надо будет попробовать. В принципе, мой голос можешь не учитывать.
the only one exception was with some crazy guy from pakistan, he wrote that all russians are american pigs and must die
Странный пакистанец. Как ты вообще завел с ним эту тему? Хм.
never was such a rude person
Правда? У всех иногда возникает желание нагрубить, по-моему ты себе льстишь.
И да, мне 15 лет-таки. Только вот ты с виду(может я конечно ошибаюсь) не, цитирую: "going in to mad state". (:
P.S. Пиши по русски, не хочу что бы нас тут особо читали.
P.P.S. Самые любимые твои работы - граф. мод. под Deus Ex: HR и патч для Скурима. В обоих ситуациях мне кажется, что ты проделал гигантскую работу.

Well, if you already made your mind up, I don't really know why you did this poll. :)
I guess it's a shame if you decide not to make a mod for Dark Souls, because it really needs your expertise.
First, gameplay wise, Dark Souls is a blast. At first, I didn't like the art direction, and the graphics. But this is the kind of game that grows on you the more you play. The monsters and bosses designs are amazing, mostly in further areas, and all the art direction choices are leaded by the story which is more complicated than it appears (there's almost no bullshit dialogues, or cutscenes). DS is mostly more a survival game than a classical RPG. Actually it reminds me a lot of Silent Hill.
I think it deserve definitely your attention, because there's a lot of things to improve, graphic wise. And when I see the game list you have taken care of, there's some games that were much much worse, but you did miracles on them, and make them really stunning. Don't let the graphics fool you, this game has nothing to do with Two Worlds, or other horrible german RPGs.

Гость wrote:Well, if you already made your mind up, I don't really know why you did this poll. :)
I guess it's a shame if you decide not to make a mod for Dark Souls, because it really needs your expertise.
First, gameplay wise, Dark Souls is a blast. At first, I didn't like the art direction, and the graphics. But this is the kind of game that grows on you the more you play. The monsters and bosses designs are amazing, mostly in further areas, and all the art direction choices are leaded by the story which is more complicated than it appears (there's almost no bullshit dialogues, or cutscenes). DS is mostly more a survival game than a classical RPG. Actually it reminds me a lot of Silent Hill.
I think it deserve definitely your attention, because there's a lot of things to improve, graphic wise. And when I see the game list you have taken care of, there's some games that were much much worse, but you did miracles on them, and make them really stunning. Don't let the graphics fool you, this game has nothing to do with Two Worlds, or other horrible german RPGs.
I... agree. Totally.
P.S. Today I've already bought this game, and it's great!

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

How frequently do you read news page of my site?

Svetomech
Странный пакистанец. Как ты вообще завел с ним эту тему? Хм.
С чего вы взяли, что я какие-то темы заводил? Получил письмо, что мод нормальный, но весь пропах американским г* и я тоже г*.
Правда? У всех иногда возникает желание нагрубить, по-моему ты себе льстишь.
Либо вы не уловили суть моих слов, либо для вас нормально полить дерьмом и назвать это случайной грубостью. Я психованный как Жириновский, но никогда даже мыслей не придет кому-то слать почту с руганью или еще как-то высказываться, не будучи оскорбленным. В моих принципах вполне нормально на агрессию отвечать агрессией и почти всегда так поступаю, а вот поведение обитателей пг.ру это другой разговор. И кстати, мой возраст ни к чему не обязывает, будучи подростком так же себя вел и даже в мыслях не матерился, хотя не шахматист и вечно бегал с компаниями как все нормальные. Не надо примерять новые стандарты малолетних укурков и алкашей на меня, я вам ничего не навязываю и вы не лезьте, переубедить не получится и ничего не докажете.

С чего вы взяли, что я какие-то темы заводил? Получил письмо, что мод нормальный, но весь пропах американским г* и я тоже г*.
Я лишь предположил.
переубедить не получится и ничего не докажете.
Эм.. в чем переубедить и что доказать?
Либо вы не уловили суть моих слов, либо для вас нормально полить дерьмом и назвать это случайной грубостью.
Чееего? С какого дуба ты это взял? Я имел ввиду совсем не какие-то обсираловки по емейлу, а то, что любого человека можно вывести из себя и он в ответ может нагрубить, вот я о чем. И не говори, что тебя в жизни никто не выводил из себя - не поверю.
а вот поведение обитателей пг.ру это другой разговор
При чем тут обитатели пг.ру? И да, в мои принципы тоже входит "отвечать агрессией на агрессию". Только ты сейчас неправильно поступил. Потому что с моей стороны никакой агрессии не было.
И кстати, мой возраст ни к чему не обязывает
Я и не говорил, что твой возраст тебя к чему то обязывает.
Не надо примерять новые стандарты малолетних укурков и алкашей на меня
ТАК! Укажи-ка, где я их на тебя примерил? Ты чего так взъелся то, это было вполне себе мирное сообщение, ау. Видимо, ты не зря упомянул про "психованный как Жириновский".
я вам ничего не навязываю и вы не лезьте
Хватит "ВЫкать"! Это раз. Мы не в тех возрастных категориях и их соотношениях, что бы ты мне "ВЫкал". Во-вторых, где я тебе сказал, что ты мне что то навязываешь? И где я на тебя с чем то полез???
P.S. У меня такое чувство, что надо было написать сообщение на английском. Ты походу лучше относишься к этому языку. А вот в любой русской фразе, предложении и даже слове сразу видишь агрессию к своей персоне. Либо ты сейчас меня преднамеренно, тонко затролил. Не знаю правда зачем.
P.P.S. И на что это ты намекал, "я подростком себя тоже так вел"? Как "так"? Так, что у меня просят помощи в личных и духовных вопросах 30-летние дядьки? Так, что если случается какая то проблема у моих знакомых, которые на порядок старше меня, они всегда спрашивают у меня совета. Так, что обычно при общении со мной люди дают мне лет 25-27, а когда я им раскрываю свой истинный возраст - медленно охуеYaYают. Так что-ли?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Svetomech
Почему вы пытаетесь мне что-то доказать и ведете себя как обычный русский, примеряя сказанное на себя? Если написать на сайте крупными буквами "гомики", то русские пеной изойдут показывая своих подружек в доказательство, а нормальные люди подумают ссылка и кликать не будут.
На "вы" я обращаюсь ко всем, кроме давних знакомых с которыми много общаюсь. Не устраивает - не мои проблемы.