[poll] Dark Souls modding

Dark Souls modding

Yes, it need mod.
86%
Don't need the mod for it, graphics is good.
3%
Game is bad and hard on consoles, nobody need it on pc.
0%
Game is not popular, so no sense to develop mod.
2%
Better to find another game for modding.
8%

Total votes: 310
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

[poll] Dark Souls modding

To vote or post here, no registering required
ここに投票したり投稿するには、必要ありませんで登録するには
投票或张贴在这里,没有登记的要求
여기에 투표를하거나 게시하려면 필요하지 않습니다 등록하지
Um abzustimmen, oder posten Sie hier, Anmeldung nicht erforderlich
Para votar o publicarlos aquí, no se requiere registrar los
Per votare o postare qui, non Registrazione di richiesta
Pour voter ou poster ici, pas enregistrant nécessaire
في التصويت أو المشاركة هنا، لا يتطلب تسجيل
Для голосования не требуется регистрация на форуме

http://translate.google.com

EDIT: Sorry, i did this poll at early morning tired, forgot to add "yes". Fixed, revote please

Dark Souls is japanese action rpg game, which was released on consoles and players say that it's very hard. I know that many japanese games have nice story and very high quality, so probably this game have a chance to be much more beautiful than it is now. Screenshots aren't bad, perhaps it will look even better at gameplay.
There are many issues with modding. Harder to make fantasy games looks photorealistic, they depends from models and textures much more than modern games with buildings, streets and everything planar. Also as console port it may have horrible renderer. If this game is similar to Gothic 4, or many other modern short living fantasy games, i'll better stay away, don't want to buy it and not to play (i'm not playing games any more, tired from all the same process). I can't find on YouTube gameplay video which really increase interest to this game, if you know any, post link.

Re: [poll] Dark Souls modding

Lol isn't this poll a little...biased against Dark Souls? There are no options that vote FOR the game being modified...? Why?

Also I would love to see Dark Souls modded. I have the game on Console and I am buying it again on PC, and I know how good it looks.
But it is missing a lot of things that could make it better such as SSAO, Dynamic Shadows, etc.

Plus the original game unveiling looked a lot better than it does now: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8h0E8SSjJE

Light and Dark play an important part of the game, so it would be really good if your mod could build on that further to make better game moods.

As for the game itself, in my opinion Dark Souls is actually one of the best RPGs made in recent memory. Amazing story, tons of unique and
great gameplay, great and varied world to explore, it's just really good. The developers for the game put a lot of work into it just to make sure
it was good on all ends.

The difficulty is also overrated... It's not that hard of a game. I wrote a post about it, I will quote it here.

http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/140506 ... __21412453

Hopefully that helps.

I can't vote in the poll because none of the options say "Yes, mod Dark Souls." all are no lol.

Here's a Demon Souls gameplay video that gives a good vision of what the game is like and about.

Introduction video 1) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15lEZDiCBjk
Introduction video 2) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14_OICVhKIQ

Demon Souls was the predecessor of Dark Souls, so the games are very similar in the feel and playstyle.
You can use this video as a good example of what the game is like.

Dark Souls is just a lot more deep and involved in relation to gameplay mechanics:

Dark Souls Gameplay Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-7xPqXXByk&hd=1 (In case you need more gameplay stuff).
Last edited by shingouki on 23 Aug 2012, 01:37, edited 1 time in total.

Rizhall

Play Dark Souls. It's a good game.

Izzy

Boris, you should at least try Dark Souls :). Aside from extra performance or a higher frame rate cap, it wouldn't need enb but it looks pretty nice for a console game. It's got a lot of graphical effects most other games brush aside. It's very atmospheric.

Looks like the options here are...
1. No.
2. No.
3. No.
4. No.

Pick one! :)

I personally ahve been waiting a lifetime for Dark Souls on PC and would love to see an enb for it, assuming it's graphics aren't already through the roof when it comes out.

personally, Dark souls is one of the games i anticipated the whole summer , and i wanted to play before i went back to school.
as for gameplay, it has excellent gameplay, for what i've seen, it's hard but not as hard as they say it is, and for the last part it has nice graphics on it's own. i saw godrays,bloom, and motionblur in the ps3 version. ( could have DOF and SSAO but not sure cause i just watch from video)
i'm not sure what you could do to add to the graphics of the game without changing the atmosphere

roxahris

The main modification required for Dark Souls would be to increase the framebuffer size which is supposedly locked at 1024x720.
The graphics themselves look pretty good on console, but seem to fail under close scrutiny.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Sorry, i did mistake about voting options. But at least i know that finding other game is best choice against every other negative answer (15 votes vs 3+3+5).

For me this game looks very outdated and what from videos don't see any beauty of locations, just something black with standart design of 100 other fantasy games locations. Texturing and modelling (from what i see on videos) is poorly done, not as best japanese games, i don't like when boolean operations used to create and map textures on objects, it's like counter strike. I'll try again to search for better screenshots without useful camera angles, but very pessimistic (fantasy game should be beautiful, like prince of persia sands of time).

youngneil

ENB for Dark Souls would be fantastic, it certainly has my vote (and support).

ENBSeries wrote:Sorry, i did mistake about voting options. But at least i know that finding other game is best choice against every other negative answer (15 votes vs 3+3+5).

For me this game looks very outdated and what from videos don't see any beauty of locations, just something black with standart design of 100 other fantasy games locations. Texturing and modelling (from what i see on videos) is poorly done, not as best japanese games, i don't like when boolean operations used to create and map textures on objects, it's like counter strike. I'll try again to search for better screenshots without useful camera angles, but very pessimistic (fantasy game should be beautiful, like prince of persia sands of time).
Trust me, the game is very beautiful. Screenshots and videos don't really do it justice in my opinion.