Ignore ghosting bug, doesn't matter and TAA don't need too
38%
Improve TAA at cost of performance to remove ghosting bug
62%

Total votes: 143
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: [poll] TES Skyrim Temporal Antialiasing

Really, my main gripe with the ENB forums has always been the arrogance, and childish obnoxiousness some of its denizens consistently manage to display. Recently it has been getting worse instead of better. If you can't manage to say something constructive, stuff a sock in it okay? Always good advice.

Midhrastic WIP ENB for Fallout
More current and archived shots on my Flickr. Selected shots via Flickrock or Fluidr.

*master*

I think the TAA looks great, there is no performance hit for me, and the ghosting is not too bad. If you have ideas for improving it though I say do it. Although, I do hope that we can keep the current implementation alsoso that it can still be an option if there is a high performance cost with a fix. So I voted to improve it, but with that caveat. Thanks!

voted for graphics over performance - and I run a rather mediocre rig.

We can always turn off TAA while playing, but when I have it on for screenshots I would like it to look as good as possible, FPS does not matter then.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

But for screenshots the ghosting is a non-issue. It's only during movement that the ghosting becomes apparent.

More current and archived shots on my Flickr. Selected shots via Flickrock or Fluidr.

*master*

I have no issues with ghosting, as I use vanilla Bloom (Edited by Realistic Lighting Overhaul's Weathers (a file I made)).

I did notice a small line artifact on the player model though

Very minimal issue though, and is easily overlooked. I only would see it if I spazzed out with the directional keys and heavy, rapid movement was used.

midhras wrote:Really, my main gripe with the ENB forums has always been the arrogance, and childish obnoxiousness some of its denizens consistently manage to display. Recently it has been getting worse instead of better. If you can't manage to say something constructive, stuff a sock in it okay? Always good advice.
AND WHY MAKE A COMMENT LIKE THIS ON THIS THREAD. YOU ARE A GREAT TWEEKER BUT JUST ADDING TO THE PROBLEM WHEN FLAMING LIKE THIS. WHO WERE YOU DIRECTING IT TOWARDS ON THIS PARTICULAR THREAD ANYWAYS

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Thanks for voting, but ghosting fix failed. HDR image without post processing (and without sun rays) still have bugs (sky and clouds) and add new very annoying bright pixels and outlines on edges. Damn it, i never expected so much issues from temporal antialiasing, may be something wrong because of precision errors i suffered when developed it in the past and normal games with low drawing distance don't have such problems, but now i don't want to develop TAA for Fallout, will be even worse.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

rwillia157 wrote:AND WHY MAKE A COMMENT LIKE THIS ON THIS THREAD. YOU ARE A GREAT TWEEKER BUT JUST ADDING TO THE PROBLEM WHEN FLAMING LIKE THIS. WHO WERE YOU DIRECTING IT TOWARDS ON THIS PARTICULAR THREAD ANYWAYS
I wasn't 'flaming' anyone. My comment was directed to anyone that feels themselves so elevated to think that any rules of common decency don't apply to them. The reason I spoke out is because I feel too many threads have too many comments that are unkind to put it mildly. This thread was no exception, but I concede that maybe I should have started a new topic about it elsewhere. It's a comment from the heart though.

Also, your caps key seems to be stuck.

midhras wrote:For me, the effect of TAA is negligible when actually playing, so I'd rather save on performance. I only use TAA for screenshots, when that last bit of antialiasing actually pays off. In normal gameplay SMAA and EdgeAA are enough for me.
This. I saw that effect once in action (and I had to unset my SLI configuration for a while to actually experience it) and have to admit, it's nice, but as I play on a 27'' in 2560 x 1440 resolution (and never ever want back to "only" HD), I need two grafic cards in SLI setup to actually get Skyrim displayed in that resolution and adjusted for high settings.

...and as it does not support SLI anyways, it does not bother me. SMAA and EdgeAA is enough to get rid of jaggies, the high resolution of my monitor and its pixel denstiy does the rest. The jaggie effect might be much more remarkable on "only" HD.

This might be a more egoistic perspective, but neverthless it's my perspective.

On the other side: If TAA will be available for SLI systems one days in future, I would use it even on cost of a performance loss to get rid of the ghosting and even if I have to buy two Nvidia Titans for that (what I want to do anyways).

So I won't poll, it rather depends on SLI availability for me.

PS: Just wanne say thx for the ENBoost. I was scratching the 3.1 GB limit for weeks and now actually dare to install mods again. It just does wonders.

I get the TAA ghosting really bad. I wouldn't bother developing it any further. I'd much rather have performance plus there are plenty of other AA solutions available.

UPDATE:
Turns out the ghosting was actually caused by an incorrect setting on my new LG Ultrawide monitor (29EA93-P). I had the timings set to "high." As soon as I changed it to "normal" the ghosting disappeared. I normally game on a Plasma HDTV so I wasn't aware of the issues related to gaming on LED IPS monitors. Lesson learned.