[poll] TES Skyrim FPS adaptive quality

Do you need adaptive quality degradation feature?

You may select 1 option

View results
  • Author
*master*

Re: [poll] TES Skyrim FPS adaptive quality

charlievoviii wrote:
KuroTenshi wrote:
Samurai_Smartie wrote:Lambda People should save money and preorder a XBox one or PS4.
Lol ^^. But they are not as smart sometimes ^^.

Just to say Skyrim is nearly as buggued on consoles as PC ^^' (yes they have CTD's and bug textures ^^). BugThesda the Bosses ^^.

More seriously, It seems obvious, but I see on Nexus lots of questions like : "It's beautiful but lagguy : how to increase my fps ?"
And willing not to have an ugly game seems to be a good reason to me when we have a good but not killing rig ^^. And honestly, without ENB-like, high-res textures are not highlighted at all with poor lighting.

We could do this :
Release our preset and write minimum and recommended Config. But there would always be people to ask for light versions.

So, it's no big deal for me, but I think about modders and other users.
You were assuming Xilandro insulting people PC knowledge and yet here you are calling people not smart? i'm I missing something ? :roll: Don't mistake not being smart for being lazy my friend.
Just said people were not always smart enough to admit their flaws or to choose something that suit them ;)
Asus P8Z77-V, G.Skill TridentX 2x4go PC3-19200 CL9, Intel Core i5-3570K (3.4 GHz), Gigabyte Geforce GTX 670 WindForce 3x OC(335.23), Samsung SSD 840 Pro 128go+500Go 7200RPM SATA III, Auzentech X-FI Forte 7.1, Windows 8.1 Pro x64, The Grim and Somber ENB

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

KuroTenshi wrote:
charlievoviii wrote:
KuroTenshi wrote:
Samurai_Smartie wrote:Lambda People should save money and preorder a XBox one or PS4.
Lol ^^. But they are not as smart sometimes ^^.

Just to say Skyrim is nearly as buggued on consoles as PC ^^' (yes they have CTD's and bug textures ^^). BugThesda the Bosses ^^.

More seriously, It seems obvious, but I see on Nexus lots of questions like : "It's beautiful but lagguy : how to increase my fps ?"
And willing not to have an ugly game seems to be a good reason to me when we have a good but not killing rig ^^. And honestly, without ENB-like, high-res textures are not highlighted at all with poor lighting.

We could do this :
Release our preset and write minimum and recommended Config. But there would always be people to ask for light versions.

So, it's no big deal for me, but I think about modders and other users.
You were assuming Xilandro insulting people PC knowledge and yet here you are calling people not smart? i'm I missing something ? :roll: Don't mistake not being smart for being lazy my friend.
Just said people were not always smart enough to admit their flaws or to choose something that suit them ;)
Same goes for people who are not admitting they are lazy and want everything for nothing. Also choosing ENB settings to fit their PC ;)

*master*

charlievoviii wrote: Same goes for people who are not admitting they are lazy and want everything for nothing. Also choosing ENB settings to fit their PC ;)
Strange, my ears burn me ^^'. Frankly, to me it's not a real problem. I changed ENB and that's all. I am satsified with Unreal Cinema. I could too alter some parameters in K ENB (I already did in fact). Ok, it would be a confort for me, but it would spare some annoyance to a lot a people.

I think It could be a nice optimization (how do you think Nvidia/AMD do ?)

The problem is not really the effects, but the ambiance that a preset creates. Switching to another preset means another ambiance which doesn't necessarily fits the player. On Nexus, I only found 3 appealing presets to my tastes (to everybody your work is very nice too, not to my tastes that's all ^^) : Kountervibes, K-ENB and Unreal Cinematic.

P.S : You should know that every customer/user is lazy ;)
Asus P8Z77-V, G.Skill TridentX 2x4go PC3-19200 CL9, Intel Core i5-3570K (3.4 GHz), Gigabyte Geforce GTX 670 WindForce 3x OC(335.23), Samsung SSD 840 Pro 128go+500Go 7200RPM SATA III, Auzentech X-FI Forte 7.1, Windows 8.1 Pro x64, The Grim and Somber ENB

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

KuroTenshi
Shift+F12 is to completely disable ENB no ?
So we loose eye candy effects, colors,... I talk about optimization, not enabling/disabling.
Are they required when you fight at low fps? And sorry, i'm not that person who call quality degradations by "optimizations", leave this to bugthesda and rockstars.

Don't forget that with each change i'm having more questions and most users stay with old versions, so on practice doesn't matter, these new changes for corefans / tweakers of the mod.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

KuroTenshi wrote:
charlievoviii wrote: Same goes for people who are not admitting they are lazy and want everything for nothing. Also choosing ENB settings to fit their PC ;)
Strange, my ears burn me ^^'. Frankly, to me it's not a real problem. I changed ENB and that's all. I am satsified with Unreal Cinema. I could too alter some parameters in K ENB (I already did in fact). Ok, it would be a confort for me, but it would spare some annoyance to a lot a people.

I think It could be a nice optimization (how do you think Nvidia/AMD do ?)

The problem is not really the effects, but the ambiance that a preset creates. Switching to another preset means another ambiance which doesn't necessarily fits the player. On Nexus, I only found 3 appealing presets to my tastes (to everybody your work is very nice too, not to my tastes that's all ^^) : Kountervibes, K-ENB and Unreal Cinematic.

P.S : You should know that every customer/user is lazy ;)
I agreed with you on it's your taste, which I have mentioned before that doesn't matter what presets are made it will always base on that preset maker taste. Hopefully you set it to your PC specs without bad FPS. As for customer/user being lazy well it's all you man. I'm not into the whole thing about prejudging people, I will live that to you ;)
ENBSeries wrote:KuroTenshi
Shift+F12 is to completely disable ENB no ?
So we loose eye candy effects, colors,... I talk about optimization, not enabling/disabling.
Are they required when you fight at low fps? And sorry, i'm not that person who call quality degradations by "optimizations", leave this to bugthesda and rockstars.

Don't forget that with each change i'm having more questions and most users stay with old versions, so on practice doesn't matter, these new changes for corefans / tweakers of the mod.
Well said, exactly how I feels. ;)

*master*

Ok so I think the topic is closed.

charlievoviii

I don't think I prejudge people. That's only what I saw in companies I worked. So I imagined users felt the same than users of my/ours softwares. That's all. I have the habit to design things for (nearly) retarded people. In companies, customers really give the impression to be retarded... When they have a very small manip to do, they panick (or shoot after us because it's not automatized). When something doesn't work perfectly and automatically, they "shoot" on us.... And now, that's the reason I don't work anymore in SSII (where customers tells you to make crap and shoot on you after).

Boris

To me, optimization is a change that makes the feature faster (lighter) while the result's change can't be viewed by nacked eye.

I am wondering if this topic was useful given the fact that it seems you already made your mind.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

KuroTenshi wrote:Ok so I think the topic is closed.

Boris

To me, optimization is a change that makes the feature faster (lighter) while the result's change can't be viewed by nacked eye.
It's call perfect world or magic :lol:

*master*

charlievoviii wrote:

Boris

Well there are 2 ways of seeing thing :

Optimization can be a way of making a feature better (same or better result + better perfs).
But optimization is more often viewed as making faster with no noticeable (for a human being) bad change in the result.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

KuroTenshi wrote:
charlievoviii wrote:

Boris

Optimization can be a way of making a feature better (same or better result + better perfs).
But optimization is more often viewed as making faster with no noticeable (for a human being) bad change in the result.
I think the word you're looking for is POLISH

*master*

charlievoviii wrote:
KuroTenshi wrote:
charlievoviii wrote:

Boris

I think the word you're looking for is POLISH
Thank you for the word ! I didn't know. Didn't find this concept in French. So I think it's typically US/English.
Polish matches my thinking, but I maintain the word "optimization". If the change is not visible for a normal human being, I think it's an optimization.
BTW, several time I saw too much "optimized" games by Nvidia or AMD ^^