[poll] TES Skyrim FPS adaptive quality

Do you need adaptive quality degradation feature?

You may select 1 option

View results
  • Author
*sensei*

Re: [poll] TES Skyrim FPS adaptive quality

K ENB? It runs great even on my pc, but with turned off DOF, or with performance DOF from another preset. Because K ENB has dat fps-killa dof shader.

*master*

Xilandro wrote:K ENB? It runs great even on my pc, but with turned off DOF, or with performance DOF from another preset. Because K ENB has dat fps-killa dof shader.
Has your game already graphic mods ?
Like Skyrim Flora Overhaul, or texture replacers (I optimized them and resized to 2048*2048).

20fps is an example : in exterior it's rather 24fps. Playable and enjoyable. But when you fight, it could be more enjoying.

P.S : My ini settings are more optimized than standard Ultra, with ugrid to 5.
Last edited by KuroTenshi on 23 Jul 2013, 17:46, edited 1 time in total.
Asus P8Z77-V, G.Skill TridentX 2x4go PC3-19200 CL9, Intel Core i5-3570K (3.4 GHz), Gigabyte Geforce GTX 670 WindForce 3x OC(335.23), Samsung SSD 840 Pro 128go+500Go 7200RPM SATA III, Auzentech X-FI Forte 7.1, Windows 8.1 Pro x64, The Grim and Somber ENB

*sensei*

Yes, i'm using almost 8 gigs of HD textures (Texture Pack Combiner) with book of silence textures, and 4k mountains and rocks with parallax. With Vurts flora summer edition. Lots of LOD mods. Ugrids 7 and sometimes 9.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

KuroTenshi
You can do that yes. But honestly, when you're ingame, do you have the habit to always change settings ?
But why not to press shift+f12? If users are fine monitoring vram/ram/cpu/gpu usage at gameplay...

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

KuroTenshi wrote:I voted pro.

I explain myself :

I want magnificent game. I am ok to walk on the country or city with 20fps, to have a large and beautiful view,.... It's smooth enough, it's beautiful,...

When I fight, I don't have the time to admire every "subtle" and heavy effects like ambiant occlusion or complex SSIL and I'd rather have 40fps at this moment.
I will see no difference at all when quickly turning head, when sprinting,... CTD chances would be less.

I am playing Skyrim like a tourist. I love to see ultra beautiful things, in landscapes and interiors. But when it's time to battle, I do not have this state of spirit.

Obviously, it would be better this behavior being in ENB and being optional with a parameter in enblocal.ini. I think It could be simple to disable most subtle effect (or reducing precision of certain) when pressing keys (for an amount of ms), configured in enblocal.ini.

No needs anymore of HiAlgoBoost, and everybody would be happy. Modders wouldn't have to change their presets. It would be only a user's choice.

What to you think ?
I see your point but I don't think it's necessary. You got many ways to increase performance, by changing settings in the skyrim.ini, skyrimprefs.ini, and enbseries.ini. Most people fail to understand is that ENB is not the only thing that causes performance. Most people download preset ENB from an ENB maker/modder and complain about performance/issues cause they failed to understand that the ENB that was uploaded was set to modder/user PC reference. People need to understand that ENB is a tool and not a static setting where it will universal work perfectly every PC. You have to tweaks a lot of parameters not only on the ENB but also your skyrim ini files. Sometime I don't think people give enough credit to ENB preset maker like yourself, and understand how much time it takes to tweaks those settings, and at the end of the day it doesn't matter if the ENB preset maker makes different performance ENB Presets. It's still base on that person PC.

Pressing buttons to change the graphics setting while playing the game is plain retard.
Last edited by charlievoviii on 23 Jul 2013, 17:56, edited 1 time in total.

*master*

Xilandro wrote:Yes, i'm using almost 8 gigs of HD textures (Texture Pack Combiner) with book of silence textures, and 4k mountains and rocks with parallax. With Vurts flora summer edition. Lots of LOD mods. Ugrids 7 and sometimes 9.
Your config seems rather similar to mine. Except I compressed and reduced to 2k everything.
In interior, no problem.
In exterior, fighting at 20-30 fps is not unpleasant, but It could be optimized.
I am about at 10gb of textures mods, after compression and resizing (could be multiplied by 3 to 5 without this).
Last edited by KuroTenshi on 23 Jul 2013, 17:52, edited 1 time in total.
Asus P8Z77-V, G.Skill TridentX 2x4go PC3-19200 CL9, Intel Core i5-3570K (3.4 GHz), Gigabyte Geforce GTX 670 WindForce 3x OC(335.23), Samsung SSD 840 Pro 128go+500Go 7200RPM SATA III, Auzentech X-FI Forte 7.1, Windows 8.1 Pro x64, The Grim and Somber ENB

*sensei*

Definitely yes. Adaptive quality degradation is basically a definition of optimization, so yes, yes, yes.
GPU: AMD Radeon 5700 XT
Sound Card: X-FI Titanium HD
Mobo: ASRock X370 Pro4
Monitor: M340CLZ 34" 3440x1440 100HZ AMD FREE Sync Curved Monitor

*master*

ENBSeries wrote:KuroTenshi
You can do that yes. But honestly, when you're ingame, do you have the habit to always change settings ?
But why not to press shift+f12? If users are fine monitoring vram/ram/cpu/gpu usage at gameplay...
Shift+F12 is to completely disable ENB no ?

So we loose eye candy effects, colors,... I talk about optimization, not enabling/disabling.

*sensei*

KuroTenshi >>
Try to turn off DOF and set in enbconfig.ini
SizeScale=0.5
SourceTexturesScale=0.5

If you don't want to press shift+f12 then press shift+enter and quickly change quality settings to medium, or just turn dof and ssao for fight-time?

*master*

charlievoviii wrote:
KuroTenshi wrote:I voted pro.

I explain myself :

I want magnificent game. I am ok to walk on the country or city with 20fps, to have a large and beautiful view,.... It's smooth enough, it's beautiful,...

When I fight, I don't have the time to admire every "subtle" and heavy effects like ambiant occlusion or complex SSIL and I'd rather have 40fps at this moment.
I will see no difference at all when quickly turning head, when sprinting,... CTD chances would be less.

I am playing Skyrim like a tourist. I love to see ultra beautiful things, in landscapes and interiors. But when it's time to battle, I do not have this state of spirit.

Obviously, it would be better this behavior being in ENB and being optional with a parameter in enblocal.ini. I think It could be simple to disable most subtle effect (or reducing precision of certain) when pressing keys (for an amount of ms), configured in enblocal.ini.

No needs anymore of HiAlgoBoost, and everybody would be happy. Modders wouldn't have to change their presets. It would be only a user's choice.

What to you think ?
I see your point but I don't think it's necessary. You got many ways to increase performance, by changing settings in the skyrim.ini, skyrimprefs.ini, and enbseries.ini. Most people fail to understand is that ENB is not the only thing that causes performance. Most people download preset ENB from an ENB maker/modder and complain about performance/issues cause they failed to understand that the ENB that was uploaded was set to modder/user PC reference. People need to understand that ENB is a tool and not a static setting where it will universal work perfectly every PC. You have to tweaks a lot of parameters not only on the ENB but also your skyrim ini files. Sometime I don't think people give enough credit to ENB preset maker like yourself, and understand how much time it takes to tweaks those settings, and at the end of the day it doesn't matter if the ENB preset maker makes different performance ENB Presets. It's still base on that person PC.
I am only seeking optimization. My ini files are quite optimized compared to ultra settings. Textures are compressed and even resized. K-ENB is to my tastes. BUT, when I use it, I go from 60 (I have Vsync so more) to 20 outdoors. That what I want to say. I love the style of Oyama ! He seeks for quality with his monstruous rig. I don't have time/talent to tweak correctly. Besides, It's troublesome if we have to adapt every tweak to our config.