[poll] TES Skyrim FPS adaptive quality

Do you need adaptive quality degradation feature?

You may select 1 option

View results
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

[poll] TES Skyrim FPS adaptive quality

Some effects cost a lot of performance and their quality can be reduced adaptively depending from frame rate. Personally i don't like this idea, users still playing this game only because of mods and if videocard is very slow, then they simply not install graphic mods or not turning on heavy effects (without effects with color changes only ENBSeries running faster). But at least i can make changes less noticable than HiAlgoBoost by dynamically changing quality of effect like ssao or reflections without altering screen.
What do you think? Is it important for you or you just a bum sneaking around who want too much at no cost?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: [poll] TES Skyrim FPS adaptive quality

ENBSeries wrote: just a bum sneaking around who want too much at no cost?
This, definitely. Period. Nuff said. Game over. :D
Everything comes with a price, natural rule.
The day ENBSeries will trade quality for performance at all cost, I'll stop using it.
But I know you won't. ;)
I want full graphics. If not, I'd be using cheap LDR bullshit.
Sorry for the rant, not against you of course, but all those "Amazing quality at no performance cost" things I've been reading through past months made me vomit on keyboard each time.
Don't trade your soul ! ;)
Lian Li PC011 Dynamic, Corsair AX 1500i PSU, i9 10850K @5.0 Ghz, Aorus Z490 Ultra, RTX3090 MSI Gaming X Trio, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB RAM@3600, Corsair MP600 1TB NVME System Drive, 10 TB Storage, W10 Pro 64, Custom Hard Tubing Watercooling Loop

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

This is pointless. Everyone want to the best graphics with shit computer. 99.99% of the people crying about poor performance have shit computer and try to run a lot of high resolution textures. "GOT TO PAY TO PLAY" just like anything else in life.

ENB should be ENB, last thing we want is looking like fking consoles port video games. Keep doing what you have been doing Borris.

*master*

I voted pro.

I explain myself :

I want magnificent game. I am ok to walk on the country or city with 20fps, to have a large and beautiful view,.... It's smooth enough, it's beautiful,...

When I fight, I don't have the time to admire every "subtle" and heavy effects like ambiant occlusion or complex SSIL and I'd rather have 40fps at this moment.
I will see no difference at all when quickly turning head, when sprinting,... CTD chances would be less.

I am playing Skyrim like a tourist. I love to see ultra beautiful things, in landscapes and interiors. But when it's time to battle, I do not have this state of spirit.

Obviously, it would be better this behavior being in ENB and being optional with a parameter in enblocal.ini. I think It could be simple to disable most subtle effect (or reducing precision of certain) when pressing keys (for an amount of ms), configured in enblocal.ini.

No needs anymore of HiAlgoBoost, and everybody would be happy. Modders wouldn't have to change their presets. It would be only a user's choice.

What to you think ?
Last edited by KuroTenshi on 23 Jul 2013, 17:10, edited 1 time in total.
Asus P8Z77-V, G.Skill TridentX 2x4go PC3-19200 CL9, Intel Core i5-3570K (3.4 GHz), Gigabyte Geforce GTX 670 WindForce 3x OC(335.23), Samsung SSD 840 Pro 128go+500Go 7200RPM SATA III, Auzentech X-FI Forte 7.1, Windows 8.1 Pro x64, The Grim and Somber ENB

*sensei*

:o wat? No!
Only highest quality, only hardcore.
If somebody is too lazy to press shift+f12 and change SSAO quality from extreme to medium - it's not your problem, Boris. And you shouldn't help those lazy ppl.

If you want to change something - better add lazyfriendly-presets in the top of the GUI, like "Performance", "Medium", and "High". I.e. if you press "medium" - all quality settings of ssao, bloom, skylight will immediately change to medium.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

KuroTenshi
Correct point, but as Xilandro mentioned shift+f12 is solution.

Xilandro
I can't make middle/high/low setting, because nobody know what are they for individual PC and to add more job configuring them to users... :lol:

*sensei*

ENBSeries
Then don't change anything. It's not worth it.

Graphicsborn!
Не удержался блин))
Last edited by Xilandro on 23 Jul 2013, 17:26, edited 1 time in total.

*master*

You can do that yes. But honestly, when you're ingame, do you have the habit to always change settings ? And without ENB, it's really uglier ^^'
Asus P8Z77-V, G.Skill TridentX 2x4go PC3-19200 CL9, Intel Core i5-3570K (3.4 GHz), Gigabyte Geforce GTX 670 WindForce 3x OC(335.23), Samsung SSD 840 Pro 128go+500Go 7200RPM SATA III, Auzentech X-FI Forte 7.1, Windows 8.1 Pro x64, The Grim and Somber ENB

*sensei*

KuroTenshi >>
Change your quality to point when you get 32-36 fps and you will not have ANY problems. Everything at medium looks really good if you're looking for great graphics with low fps hit. But if you have crappy pc and still trying to set everything at high and extreme - lets be honest, 20 fps? 23? Its only your problem.

"Gigabyte GeForce GTX 670 GV-N670OC-2GD OC 2GB"
wat? y u no happy? And you have fps problems in fights with 670? You definitely need to remove some performance-heavy mods (maybe some of your mods have broken scripts? Or conflicts, dirty edits)
Last edited by Xilandro on 23 Jul 2013, 17:36, edited 1 time in total.

*master*

Xilandro wrote:KuroTenshi >>
Change your quality to point when you get 32-36 fps and you will not have ANY problems. Everything at medium looks really good if you're looking for great graphics with low fps hit. But if you have crappy pc and still trying to set everything at high and extreme - lets be honest, 20 fps? 23? Its only your problem.
Yes I can use other presets. That's what I do for the moment (swapped K ENB for Unreal Cinema).
I could modify existing presets but I wouldn't have support.

Besides, most people are not experienced in ENB tweaking.

I love K ENB, perfectly my tastes. But I would like to more enjoy playing with it. It's author has a monstruous config and overmaxed everything. My config is already good and yet I am about 20fps in 1920*1080 (I already optimized textures mods and reduced their resolution). I don't have any problem to play with it, but if I can avoid CTD in battles and enjoy smoother battles without noticying graphic loss, it could be nice.

If Boris decides to let things as they are, it's not a problem for me. I can tweak, I can use another preset (whereas they match less my tastes).
But most people is NEWB !