[poll] TES Skyrim antialiasing

Antialiasing type (3 options per user)

You may select up to 3 options

View results
  • Author

Re: [poll] TES Skyrim antialiasing

I voted MSAA.

For now i use FXAA + MSAAx4 + TRSSAAx4, and i'll keep enb 0.119 until a new version supports AA again. The only problem with 0.119 is wrong speculars (they can brutally change when i turn camera...).

For me FXAA/SMAA is NOT enough because i play without vanilla dof (and yes there is one, and it sucks), no bloom, and no dynamic dof. So without MSAA and TRSSAA my game is very aliased.
I'm ok with fullscreen SSAA too, but i'd prefer MSAA for performances and to use TRSSAA, since the principal source of aliasing in this game is foliage that only use 1bit apha. And MSAA+TRSSAA is perfect in this configuration, far better perf/aa ratio than fullscreen SSAA.

Maybe another solution would be to take the 0.119 code and only fix the specular issue with new versions' code concerning specular. I don't know if that's simpler but if it is it would be perfect for me.

*sensei*

Re: [poll] TES Skyrim antialiasing

SSAA ftw!
midhras wrote:I'm using SMAA mostly to hide my aliasing because it's cheap to run, but I rely more specifically on rendering the game at a higher resolution than my display size (1440p, 1620p, 1800p, even 2160p) and then shrinking the borderless window down to 1080p via either (nVidia) display driver, if the resolution is supported, or via an extremly handy tool called SRWE (Simple Runtime Window Editor) which allows you to resize any window to any size you want, hide borders, do fake fullscreen, etc. You can get it here:

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/7347

How much impact rendering at a high resolution had on FPS varied quite a bit across different versions of the enb binary. Sometimes I could go very high, whereas in other instances the performance hit was a lot heavier.
The bad thing here is a fake fullscreen are slower then a normal fullscreen usually, even if there is no change in rendering resolution. :(
Very interesting tool anyway. Thanks for the link.