여기에 투표를하거나 게시하려면 필요하지 않습니다 등록하지
Um abzustimmen, oder posten Sie hier, Anmeldung nicht erforderlich
Para votar o publicarlos aquí, no se requiere registrar los
Per votare o postare qui, non Registrazione di richiesta
Pour voter ou poster ici, pas enregistrant nécessaire
في التصويت أو المشاركة هنا، لا يتطلب تسجيل
Для голосования не требуется регистрация на форуме

http://translate.google.com

In latest versions of ENBSeries hardware antialiasing (msaa) is forced to be off, because mod use some performance friendly features of dx9 which do not support antialiasing (but dx10 have, thanks MS!). To tell the truth, i like hardware antialiasing a lot, but it's slow thing if compare to some effects or even to geometry drawing (unfortunately, all effects i did are equal cost to drawing of pixel perfect geometry displaced like in crysis 3). Restore msaa absolutely nonsence, because it's slow itself (msaa x4 by performance is similar to 1.75 times increase amount of pixels on display, like 1280*1024 aa == 1920*1080 noaa) and i need to draw several copies of objects with different output, each one to antialiased render target, performance will be at least 3 times lower if only compare to one antialiased (and about 5 times if compare to non antialiased). You can see such difference when UseComplexIndirectLighting=true is set with 0.117 version of the mod (and may be 0.119, if it still have antialiasing), but that only one secondary copy drawed, new method need three more, cpu bottleneck will be noticable too.
Various FXAA, SMAA, MLAA don't have quality any close to hardware antialiasing were it really important (thin objects), but they are good for objects which can not be antialiased without transparensity aa and performance is much faster.
Supersampling is the best antialiasing method available and only hardware implementations of it may be better, because samples can be randomized by some pattern instead of linear for "classic" supersampling.

Supersampling will work much faster than to restore antialiasing with drawing separately objects several times, so i think it's a right choice, especially that it shouldn't be 2*2, 3*3 or even more bigger than original game resolution, with some tricks even 1.5*1,5 will be enough to make game look like msaa x2 (let say x2.5) applied, plus smaa or fxaa for that and result will be good, i hope so (know how it looks, but my opinion and opinion of users are not the same).
Supersampling implementation exist in drivers, but i don't know if it work for both ATI and NVidia cards with ENBSeries and is it looks properly, if it is, then i don't need to develop such antialiasing type at all. If not, then there are two different possible methods:
1) Use similar to GTA 4 mod trick by foolish game with supported display resolutions and setup another one which is real. But most users don't understand why resolution is so high and asked me many times what's up. This method easy to implement without artifacts, it's just like to play game in huge resolution and resize it to lower.
2) Modify everything in drawing procedures, including shaders, so resolution visible to user in video options is correct, only the problems on my side and some time will take bugfixing for many objects (like fire, fog mostly). Performance will be a bit lower, because of additional changes for each drawed object.

What will be better on your opinion?

Re: [poll] TES Skyrim antialiasing

Hi Boris!

I voted for SMAA/FXAA rules. I used to love AA when I had my smaller screen but I have found that it is much less important since I went up to a much larger screen (1080p).

In my opinion ENB is fantastic right now and your priorities should be performance and user friendliness (like a huge detailed guide including screenshot demonstrations) rather than adding new features. Basically polishing it up or even creating an application for tweaking it without opening the text files!

But this is off-topic! Hehe, so AA for me is fine already ;)

*sensei*

Well, I use hardware aa very few times, no matter if msaa, ssaa or anything else. Only if performance is good, it try to use it. but in most cases I don't like the result, so if needed, I stick with smaa. And as WoodManGamer said: on a 1080p screen, aa doesn't matter much, in my opinion too.
But anyway, I would use method 1: use higher "virtual" resolution and downsample it to real screen resolution.

Actually, you might like SMAA. There's more to implement than the standard post processing. If you can look at SMAA and even get the temporal aliasing section working with the standard post process/morphological AA then I'm sure there'd be a lot of thanks.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I'm using SMAA mostly to hide my aliasing because it's cheap to run, but I rely more specifically on rendering the game at a higher resolution than my display size (1440p, 1620p, 1800p, even 2160p) and then shrinking the borderless window down to 1080p via either (nVidia) display driver, if the resolution is supported, or via an extremly handy tool called SRWE (Simple Runtime Window Editor) which allows you to resize any window to any size you want, hide borders, do fake fullscreen, etc. You can get it here:

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/7347

How much impact rendering at a high resolution had on FPS varied quite a bit across different versions of the enb binary. Sometimes I could go very high, whereas in other instances the performance hit was a lot heavier.

I'm all for better effects, and can do without support for hardware aliasing because I'm not using it as it stands. I'm not using it in Fallout and I've never missed it.

Midhrastic WIP ENB for Fallout
More current and archived shots on my Flickr. Selected shots via Flickrock or Fluidr.

*sensei*

I got used to SMAA but i never forgot that hardware AA always given best quality.
Then i learned about downsampling. Found a driver hack to enable it and used it with SMAA. Still not so good quality.

So i voted for hardware AA with 3x performance drop. I have a good card, i can handle it i think. If other people cannot handle it, they only have to disable AA and continue using SMAA. No harm done everyone happy.

But if it takes a lot of time to code this and have chances to cause more bugs then you should skip this.

ATI driver allows to apply SSAA. Have to set Override application settings, AA mode to Super Sample, then Sample 2x, 4x etc. I am not sure what i am saying but i hope this is the information you needed.
Sound :: Creative X-Fi Titanium

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

As i said, performance is not just slower for videcard, but for cpu too, supersampling beat this. Of course when you don't have objects visible in camera, then performance will depend from gpu only.

*master*

Skip the hardware AA stuff in enb... either let us use driver-based AA, or there's always FXAA or SMAA via chaining. I'd rather see you take some of those performance-friendly tweaks from dx10/11 and implement those. What I really want is a fix for the super-clear water with SSAO, but I get that it's not likely to happen due to technical limitations.

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/The-Elder ... 35283.html

Sorry people running XP. It really is time you updated to something released in the last 10 years.

keep on track with your development, smaa is good enough at 1080p

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

midhras wrote:I'm using SMAA mostly to hide my aliasing because it's cheap to run, but I rely more specifically on rendering the game at a higher resolution than my display size (1440p, 1620p, 1800p, even 2160p) and then shrinking the borderless window down to 1080p via either (nVidia) display driver, if the resolution is supported, or via an extremly handy tool called SRWE (Simple Runtime Window Editor) which allows you to resize any window to any size you want, hide borders, do fake fullscreen, etc. You can get it here:

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/7347

How much impact rendering at a high resolution had on FPS varied quite a bit across different versions of the enb binary. Sometimes I could go very high, whereas in other instances the performance hit was a lot heavier.

I'm all for better effects, and can do without support for hardware aliasing because I'm not using it as it stands. I'm not using it in Fallout and I've never missed it.
Huh, I was downsampling my resolution at times. This sounds like a really great alternative!! Thank you for posting with good details. :) Sounds like a superior method over AA for achieving less aliased picture. :o