[poll] TES Skyrim

Is hardware antialiasing matters (msaa) in Skyrim?

You may select 1 option

View results
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: [poll] TES Skyrim

Latest screenshots from gallery is only reflection, no other effects.
Deffered only for effects i need or when it increase performance (like UseComplexIndirectLighting=true, it will be much faster, almost like not turned on, plus quality of ssao mixing). In general deffered will not change performance for old effects, they need optimization anyway.

Please, keep AA, I emailed you about this months ago Boris, the game with 8xMSAA is already unbearable. The game's aliasing can only be solved with adding shit tons of blur and SMAA effects as is. You should focus on maintaining MSAA and adding on top of it the double resolution trick that you use in GTAIV. Skyrim has problems with using to little vRAM, it's only an issue with poor people and their horrible hardware. Chalk one up for the PC master-race and fix this bad aliasing issue Skyrim has. I know lots of people say you should scrap AA, but that's because the majority of people can't even see why the graphics should be better than consoles. STALKER is a bad game, just because of it's aliasing, don't make Skyrim a bad game too.

Пожалуйста, имейте А.А., я по электронной почте вам об этом месяца назад Борис, игра с 8xMSAA уже невыносимо. Сглаживания игры могут быть решены только с добавлением дерьмо тонн размытия и SMAA эффекты, как есть. Вы должны сосредоточиться на поддержании MSAA и добавления на нем двойной трюк резолюции, который вы используете в GTAIV. Skyrim имеет проблемы с использованием, чтобы немного видеопамяти, это только вопрос с бедных людей и их ужасные оборудования. Мел один для PC мастер-гонки и исправить это плохо сглаживания Skyrim вопрос имеет. Я знаю много людей говорят, что вы должны отказаться АА, но это потому, что большинство людей даже не может понять, почему графика должна быть лучше, чем консоли. STALKER плохой игре, только потому, что это сглаживание, не делают Skyrim плохой игре тоже.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I can't keep antialiasing with upcoming reflection or ssao in 0.120 beta, this will be too slow. Supersampling is very slow too. Use 0.119 version, any newest will be without aa support (and for sure you can live without new ssao and reflection, but with msaa).

[quote="Creatormaster"][quote]Для голосования не требуется регистрация на форуме[/quote]
Не смог проголосовать не залогиневшись! :?[/quote]

FireFreak111

Deferred all the way. Though, if you do this, consider two things:
1. Include SMAA (Its Open-Source dude, no copyright I believe) is an inbuilt shader. Don't use the injectSMAA mod, base it on the newest 2.7/8 code (integrate it cleanly). That way all the outcry about Hardware AA can be solved. If you can, integrate T2x, otherwise, 1x is enough, but with all the variables there (the primary variables of the SMAA.h file), and by default set on High.
2. Try to raise the shadow-casting light limit of Skyrim (to 6 or 8). With deferred lighting, lights will use far less performance (and we can have far more of them :P). If so, the shadow-casting light limit should be raised. If you can, you will help many, many people.

But deferred brings performance benefits when in cities (more lights), so you should definitely use it. Mods like Realistic Lighting without Post-Processing integrated with ENBSeries can use the lesser impact of lights to a great extent. Shame that Hardware AA will be lost though. Make sure you use SMAA to compensate for it! (NOT FXAA, that's a poor mans AA) :D

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Shadow system in game doesn't allow to use more than 4 without too much coding which i don't want to do.

I'm fine with no MSAA. I run Skyrim at at a higher resolution than my monitor then downsample, anyway.