Installing ENB using nexus collections

• Author

Installing ENB using nexus collections

This is not a post asking you to host ENB binaries on the nexus website.

Nexus collections is a feature added by vortex to automatically install a collection of mods. It also has a few powerful tools modders can use to make the user experience easier (automatically editing INI files, binary file patching, etc.)

One of the features added by vortex is downloading mods outside the nexus website for the collection:
https://modding.wiki/en/nexusmods/colle ... ernal-mods

A separate window will appear during the setup process with the alternative website.

It is possible to add ENBseries as an download option to any nexus collection. You can mark downloads to extract to the root directory of skyrim.

The problem is how the zip file is named and structured. When the window appears it is looking for an exact file name to download.

I have an idea on how to get this to work properly. Here is an image on how the zip would need to be organized for vortex to extract to the skyrim directory correctly:

Left is how it is structured now, right is the ideal structure.

The version number is kept in a text file instead of on the zip itself. Or it could be on the text file name too.
The binary files are at the root of the zip, pushing the other files in a folder called "enbseries_data"
The right file structure is exactly how the files would be extracted to the root directory of skyrim.
Other files are renamed so if users look in the skyrim root directory they know where the files are coming from.

Now every time there is an update, vortex will still allow the download of the lastest version every time because the zip file name is the same and the binary files are in the root of the zip file.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: Installing ENB using nexus collections

I do not support download managers and if i get pushed more by that, will ban them.

Is there a reason why I shouldn’t be using download managers?

Also by "download managers" do you mean vortex?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

There is no reason for you to not use download managers. Reason for me to not allow them to download from my site. Wabbajack one of them.

ENBSeries wrote: 25 Jan 2024, 01:27 There is no reason for you to not use download managers. Reason for me to not allow them to download from my site. Wabbajack one of them.
That makes sense. So the issue isn't that you want people only going to your website, you don't want any ENB binary zip files in a mod organizer.