DOF question - TES4 Oblivion - NAO ENB

• Author

DOF question - TES4 Oblivion - NAO ENB

Hi there, I'm using NAO for Oblivion and NAO ENB. I'm also using Oblivion Reloaded Combined (ORC).
I am using the DOF from NAO ENB and have disabled DOF for ORC.

The DOF blurs my character's hands and weapons in first person. I have looked at the settings in enbeffectprepass.fx, and I have tried to uncomment them one at a time to see if they help, but none of them seem to make any difference:

Code: Select all

// Depth of field parameters
//#define fFocusBias 0.045						
//#define fDofCutoff 0.2							
//#define fDofBias 0.07							
//#define fBlurScale 0.0034						
//#define fBlurCutoff 0.15					    
//#define fCloseDofDistance 0.05					
#define fStepScale 0.00018
Please could someone give me a hint as to which setting would affect this behaviour?

Many thanks,
Geraint

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: DOF question - TES4 Oblivion - NAO ENB

I don't remember how dof works there and this forum is barely alive to wait if somebody comes to answer who know such things. But usually editing dof shader code helps. In such case disabling blur at near distance is only way, which means near dof for all objects not gonna work. But i can't help with that, better ask author of dof code who wrote it.

Re: DOF question - TES4 Oblivion - NAO ENB

Thanks for the reply. I don't mind playing around with .ini file settings and the like, but I have no idea about modifying shader files, so I will probably find a different ENB and test the DoF shader from that.
Appreciate you taking the time to respond, many thanks Boris - and thanks for all of your amazing work on making ENB possible.