Ugly ENB startup Message

• Author

Ugly ENB startup Message

Hi I am a new user of ENB.

I just downloaded this and installed this for Skyrim SE.

Firstly I want to say, I think this is improving my game performance,
but I have to dispute that start up message.

I opened up the interface, looked around for a logical checkbox (such as , do not show ENB message at startup). I could not find this.
I searched around on the internet for answers. People are saying there is no way to remove this.

Your forum rules state : " The truth is beyong (that's spelled wrong i copy and pasted it directly) law and morality, that's the rule."
The truth is = this is ugly it looks like an ad, its not improving my game performance one bit. It would be great if there was a settings to disable this on startup.

3and20

Re: Ugly ENB startup Message

<i don't know how to edit my own post - so am forced to reply to my own post at this stage.>

i'm tracking this problem down.
it leads to d3d11.dll

if i simply disable d3d11.dll rename it, then the startup message does not show up.

it looks like the author of ENB edited that up, put their own advertisements in there.
but i don't think that's your file, i don't think you own that.

i think that you borrowed it, then edited it, then put your personal advertisements in it, then tried to prohibit people from removing it.
that is underhanded.

i want to reiterate that i have no negative bias against ENB. that my game performance has improved. and this issue is Near insignificant - but it DOES matter..
my bias is against unsolicited personal advertising on my personal computer. i think if you reference your patreon page while i'm playing skyrim on my own time - i think you are violating that.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I thought not to comment this, but it's just too weird. Five things:

1: Unbelievable - author can not promote himself for his hard work ?? Are you joking ?

2: This startup message does not look like an ad at all, it does not hinder performance and is showed only for a moment. If that's buggering you, how do you browse the internet ? There are tons of ads everywhere.

3: Don't like it, don't use it. But do not slander the author because of this. (d3d11.dll is just the name of the file, doesn't mean it's "borrowed")

4: Since the d3d11.dll is the core of the mod, disabling or renaming it will disable ENB entirely. So, don't know what performance gain are you talking about.

5: People really should hold their personal biases to themselves. Why darken someone's day with this ?

That all being said - it's not to scold you, it's just a reminder of a good practice when using forums.

3and20

1: on my personal time ?? are you kidding. the author absolutely can NOT advertise on my own personal time. No way, no how... end of discussion.

2: it looks like an ad, when there is a link to patreon, a pay site..

3: i'm not slandering the author, i'm stating facts, if you can prove any of this wrong, then i will retract what i say,
i'm committed to abiding by the forum rules. i will Never Slander the Author. But i think I'm entitled to say the facts and the truth.
i Read your forum rules. I am abiding by the forum rules. I obviously read them, I took the time and consideration to do that before posting.
Let me reiterate what they say "Your forum rules state : " The truth is beyong (that's spelled wrong i copy and pasted it directly) law and morality, that's the rule."
I'm saying the truth, and I'm following the forum rules.

4: performance gain, if i install the package as is, i dont disable the d3d11.dll , then i get performance gain, that is expected.. thats what this is supposed to do. i am saying both the good things and the bad things, covering all bases of my experience. the good thing about this, is the performance gain. i'm willing to admit that. that is not slander. you are very mistaken about where i am coming from.

5: because its a discussion board. and subjects should be discussed. your not discussing fact-points your becoming a defender of this product. you are heavily biased . i have ZERO bias.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

it's short and simple - ban.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Banned, but can still read comments, I presume.

Answering to few of the points, just in case:

1. Your personal time ? It does not take your time, it's shown the same time while loading.
2. Not an ad, just some information for people who can support the author. As I said - you can ignore it, why the big fuzz?
3. Your "facts" are taken from thin air - so YOU have to prove what you're saying, or it IS slandering.
4. This performance gain talk is suspicious - if anything, then adding effects TAKES some performance, not adds it.
5. I am "biased" by years of experience, true, but you have zero experience with this, so your opinion is purely non-factual and just emotional. For whatever reason.

Before claiming or demanding anything, get facts, instead of accusing others of "not discussing fact-points"
lol

Since you've been banned, take this as an example of how NOT to behave in public forums and be thankful if you're offered something free of charge. You don't like it, don't use it - simple.
But do not state some "facts" that you're just guessing. No one cares, it's just annoying.