Crash to desktop after black screen with ENB

• Author

Crash to desktop after black screen with ENB

Hi there.
I am modding Skyrim SE/AE (again) and am installing an ENB. I’ve done this a million times before and never had an issue, but I am guessing it may be to me missing some dependencies - such as some DirectX, or something else I am overlooking.

I built a new PC a couple of weeks ago, and I am using an Intel Arc A770 GPU.
When I run the game using SKSE on Mo2, it goes to a black screen with the ENB text showing in the top left. The screen stays black, then goes back to the desktop.

I have disabled all mods with the same thing happening. The only thing that stops the crash is to remove the d3d11 dll.
I’m not sure if this is something with the intel arc, or if anyone knows if perhaps there is a dependency I’m missing?
I saw another post with a similar issue, and I downloaded DirectX Runtime June 2010, however that did not fix the issue.

This is a completely clean Windows installation with no bloatware, or any afterburner installed. I don't use any AV software either.

Thank you~

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: Crash to desktop after black screen with ENB

Most likely it's drivers or some crapware. Could be watchdog if it takes too long to compile and driver thinks game crashed. The only way to reduce your searches is to borrow videocard and try with it, because Intel was always bad at drivers and gpus compatibility. But if you can't do that, just look for any signs of crapware, like services with led blinking controls, maybe driver install something equal to geforce experience which hooks in to graphics.

I used my old GPU (2060 Super) awhile back and it worked on this build with an ENB.

I don't use additional software for any RGB either, as the default colours are fine to me.

It loads for about 2 to 3 seconds before closing.

Just wondering if there is anyone else with an Intel Arc who has used an ENB as well? I know there's not many of us, and so far since changing my GPU, that seems to be the main thing that has affected it.

Okay, I finally got this to work.
I deleted all of the ENB files, checked file integrity on Steam (which did download a file)
Reinstalled Direct X. The ENB is now working :)

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I'm surprised it works with intel. Well, hope they changed and not as awful as it was earlier.

ENBSeries wrote: 19 Jun 2023, 13:59 I'm surprised it works with intel. Well, hope they changed and not as awful as it was earlier.
After all the driver updates, the GPU is actually a great deal for the price. It was a big upgrade over my previous GPU, but the same price as my old one was (just under $500)

The driver updates have made it that I can even play a lot of older games - so far games from the early 2000's have all played great.

I'm able to use ray-tracing and still hold a stable framerate.