ENB files keep reappearing

• Author

ENB files keep reappearing

Hi all, I've been trying to uninstall the ENB by removing the 2 dll files, but they keep reappearing after a few minutes.

I'm using MO2 and SkyrimVR. I installed the ENB by copy pasting the 2 dll files into my SKyrimVR directory.

Anyone encounter something similar?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: ENB files keep reappearing

Do you mean that the actual dll files (d3d11.dll and d3dcompiler_46e.dll) appear again? Seems odd and for sure ENBSeries is not doing that, deleting d3d11.dll is enough to prevent it from launching at all.

MO2 shouldn't be related since as far as I know it is only concerned with stuff in the data folder but maybe you use something else that's trying to maintain the game setup you now have? At least Private Profile Redirector is known to cause issues, maybe you use something like that?

Re: ENB files keep reappearing

mindflux wrote: 13 Jun 2023, 16:21 Do you mean that the actual dll files (d3d11.dll and d3dcompiler_46e.dll) appear again? Seems odd and for sure ENBSeries is not doing that, deleting d3d11.dll is enough to prevent it from launching at all.

MO2 shouldn't be related since as far as I know it is only concerned with stuff in the data folder but maybe you use something else that's trying to maintain the game setup you now have? At least Private Profile Redirector is known to cause issues, maybe you use something like that?
Yeah it is pretty weird, I did some searching around and did come across this Private Profile Redirector, I don't think I'm using anything similar to that, not knowingly at least.

if it matters, I got my mod list from a wabbajack install from Skyrim VR minimalistic overhaul quite awhile ago, and started to build my own custom mod list from there.