[GTA SA] How to improve "adaptation"?

• Author

[GTA SA] How to improve "adaptation"?

I've tried many different presets, yet they all don't really seem to have a good "adaptation" effect for my taste. On some presets there isn't any difference at all when enabling / disabling it, on others the only effect is that the whole image is a bit brighter, but still no true "adaptation" at all.

I've tried to tweak the adaptation parameters at the enb menu, but I clearly don't understand how it works. I've read a reply Boris made about it with a good explanation but I still don't get it. I just want something like Spiderman game has, which is high contrast shadows when you are outside in a non-shadowed area, like really dark shadowed areas and without much tones. And the opposite if you move to a darker area (like a building shadow): bright areas where the sun light is hitting, and less dark shadows with more tones and detail.

So, can someone tell me the specific numbers I have to choose, for this scene? https://imgur.com/U33QJig (I play sa-mp so I always have this time and weather as I like it. Enb preset is called RGGSA 2.0 beta1)

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: [GTA SA] How to improve "adaptation"?

It's not just adaptation, but how big range of intensities for lighting in the game. When it's flat, adaptation can't work. So you need to raise intensities of sky, lights, f.e., then will see adaptation well.

Well, as you can see in the screenshot, the config has a decent tone range, right? Like pretty dark shadows and pretty bright lighting, yet, still in that example if I would move to below the bridge, under the shadow, there still wouldn't be any adaptation at all. Can't you tell me some exact numbers for the min and max, or it is more complex than that?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I dont know what values are used there and are they big enough to make lot of contrast, this can't be seen from picture clearly after color corrections. I can't give you an answer because don't have game and mod any more, dont remember how parameters of [ADAPTATION] works. But this definetly not a problem to tweak. Go to some dark place and adjust those values one by one, make sure AdaptationMin always smaller than AdaptationMax, that's the only thing is important. And ForceMinMaxValues=true must be enabled or not, don't remember too, try to set true. F.e. you can try these:
[ADAPTATION]
ForceMinMaxValues=true
AdaptationSensitivity=0.5
AdaptationTime=1.0
AdaptationMin=0.1
AdaptationMax=1.0

[ADAPTATION]
ForceMinMaxValues=true
AdaptationSensitivity=0.5
AdaptationTime=1.0
AdaptationMin=0.01
AdaptationMax=0.3