[Skyrim SE]About Dynamic Resolution Scaling

• Author

[Skyrim SE]About Dynamic Resolution Scaling

There is a new mod on Skyrim's NexusMods called Dynamic Resolution Scaling, that expands on abandoned vanilla feature of, well, dynamic resolution scaling.
Author of the mod explicitly stated that ENB is currently incompatible with it, and said that there is nothing he can do on his side.
Any chance we can get ENB to support this feature? It would be a real breakthrough in terms of performance optimization for lower-end PCs.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: [Skyrim SE]About Dynamic Resolution Scaling

No, never do it. Low end pc users must play LE with mod which exist for it. ENBSeries is for quality of graphics, not for degrading it for performance.

Fair point.

I hope the author of ENB understand that the threshold of so-called 'low-end' always changes through time. Ultimately, DRS is for everyone.

Please reconsider Boris, dynamic scaling is very helpful even at high resolutions, I have a 4k display and a 3090 and enb crushes my performances, because a lot of effects and shader are scaling out of internal resolution like ssao.
The higher end rig you have the most performance you lose.
When 1080p displays were the best we could have it was good, but now with new displays it hurts performance a lot.
having a bit of leeway to keep 60 fps while enjoying ENB makes it better.

Wernstrom wrote: 25 Sep 2022, 21:55 Please reconsider Boris, dynamic scaling is very helpful even at high resolutions, I have a 4k display and a 3090 and enb crushes my performances, because a lot of effects and shader are scaling out of internal resolution like ssao.
When 1080p displays were the best we could have it was good, but now with new displays it hurts performance a lot.
Just use SSE Display Tweaks

Borderless=true
BorderlessUpscale=true
ResolutionScale=0.85

works well for me.

modal wrote: 26 Sep 2022, 16:12
Wernstrom wrote: 25 Sep 2022, 21:55 Please reconsider Boris, dynamic scaling is very helpful even at high resolutions, I have a 4k display and a 3090 and enb crushes my performances, because a lot of effects and shader are scaling out of internal resolution like ssao.
Just use SSE Display Tweaks

Borderless=true
BorderlessUpscale=true
ResolutionScale=0.85

works well for me.
i'm already doing it but it has many flaws, The game looks blurry as hell outside of native for a reason I don't know, you need to match the resolution in desktop beforehand to keep Hardware Composed: Independent Flip/VRR and NIS or RSR filters, the UI looks blurrier and enb GUI looks enormous compared to the normal size, having the engine itself change the res dynamically means you don't have to deal with these issues, you can also increase the resolution dynamically if you have gpu headroom, and maybe down the line allow FSR 2.x and DLSS to come.

The game looks blurry as hell outside of native for a reason I don't know, you need to match the resolution in desktop beforehand to keep Hardware Composed
My native resolution 2560x1440 is set everywhere (including Display Tweaks Resolution=2560x1440) and I don't notice any significant blurriness at 0.85... anything lower than that and I agree the visual quality is impacted, at least on my rig. I ended up completely disabling ENB antialiasing (enbglobals.fxh) and just have bUseTAA=1 bFXAAEnabled=0 and adjusted enb postpass sharpening a bit (LonelyKitsuune/Silent Horizons) but that too is all dependent on which ENB antialiasing implementation is used. I found TAA worked better for me. Also have fDynamicDOFBlurMultiplier=0.0000 in skyrimpref.ini but not sure your blur concerns are related to that.

The ENB GUI does look overly large with scaling on but it still fits on my screen, I ended up getting used to it.

I too could definitely benefit from dynamic scaling function, especially outdoors where I get some serious fps plummeting in various areas (outside Whiterun is my typical test ground) but I get why Boris has little interest in it.