SE: wet surfaces not working?

• Author

Re: SE: wet surfaces not working?

Anubis wrote: 21 Feb 2023, 16:31
CBSkyrimModding wrote: 21 Feb 2023, 04:45 Hey, this thread deals with the issue I'm having and no solution has been posted yet, so could I ask for the same thing the OP is asking for? During rainstorms, no glossiness on objects/skin is observable regardless of what settings I try. Only one or two settings make visible changes, but no glossiness that really gives it the appearance of wetness. Any idea what's going on?

Thanks in advance for your help.
I use the Specular settings to adjust per weather. Under [ENVIRONMENT].
Maybe it's not meant for that, but it gives the most realistic looking wet surfaces. You can also adjust things under [RAINWETSURFACES] nad [WETSURFACES]

Hi can you add the extra wet texture (when it's raining) even if it's sun day or/and indoor ?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

With ENB you can add wet effects that blanket everything. With every wether. If you want to make just some objets look wet, you have to edit meshes (increase specular and glossiness) and textures.

Anubis wrote: 21 Mar 2023, 06:30 With ENB you can add wet effects that blanket everything. With every wether. If you want to make just some objets look wet, you have to edit meshes (increase specular and glossiness) and textures.
I just want my character to have the "wet texture" (when you get wet in the rain, not the settings in object) ;O

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I think then you need this instead of ENB: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecial ... escription

Anubis wrote: 21 Mar 2023, 21:33 I think then you need this instead of ENB: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecial ... escription
I'm explaining it wrong x). I'll show some screenshots

Screen without Soaking Wet and rain

Screen with Soaking Wet (I went in the sea)

Screen with rain (weather)

I really like the wet effect of the weather version
With the Soaking Wet mod, it only adds gloss skin (which you could already set with an enb in the object and environment section).

My question is if I can configure the same wet effect but without the rain and also inside a building

Or I guess is only when it's raining ?

I can configure but only when it's raining

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

If i understand correctly, you can't do that only for character inside building. That mod which fake wetness after water cant be connected to any effects, unless author of it gonna do that via enbsdk.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

If you want the character look wet all the time and everywhere, only way is to open character assets in NifSkope and adjust the meshes. (increase glossiness, specular and environment map, maybe change some flags)

Ok thx for your replies :)