ENB Cache Question

• Author

ENB Cache Question

I work actually on a Project to use Multiple Preset without to need to restart game or something else.
At the moment i use Autohotkey to change the preset. (i hope in future to create with C++ a exe)
Alt+Tab to Minimize Game . press hotkey to change preset and load config over ENB Editor. Work at first good.

Now im acutally create Full preset and have small Problem. ENB dosent detect full the new files like enblensmask etc.
with load config it work to 95% not
with apply change it work to 70%

yes i overwrite only exist files i dont add new files
all preset have the identical files no preset add new files.

I have at the moment test it only with the ENB injector because i need 2 other d3d9.dll at the moment

I think ENB use a Cache Memory
is this true?

Maybe in futur possible to add a function to clear the cache ?

or have you a other idead to fix this small problem?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: ENB Cache Question

No, there is no caching. Textures from shaders deleted and created again as soon as shaders reloaded, which happen when pressing "apply" button in editor. And what loaded is not under my control, it directx effects give me lists of files and i load such files manually, so when problem occur, probably somehow textures are not listed on shader's creation. Sorry, i have no idea how to help.

i think the problem is the ENB self by this Project
I need to minimize the game or the files can not be override
after i minimize and replace the old files is work not by ever file typ. ENB dosent detect as example the new enblensmaks and use instead the previous version but this is still not aviable so i dont know how he can use the old vision than so i think maybe enb use a cachee. or better it use Ram as cache than i notice the Injector use a lot ram and dont unload all shaders by using apply changes. (i dont use any function to reduce memory usage or something else because it work pathetic)

maybe you can take a look at this project.

i know you dont like it to hear can you do this or can you this.
and i thinks this is a good idea because enb have mostly problems with new areas like dlc etc.
but is this work it can use for all games where enb aviable for this

here is the link for this

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1M46Ab ... EdZ3K-21-F

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

You have sunsprite image dublicated in game folder and in enbseries folder. Only one of them used (i dont remember priority). Are you sure this is not the reason of problem?
Anyway, you said that after alt+tab, it give me an idea. If that thing with dublicates is not a reason, try attached test file (injector version) and let me know if problem is fixed.

EDIT: file deleted

I dont understand C++ or what you use to create ENB

But i can say ENB work Realtime
and if you have software knowledge you know you can not overwrite a usage File
Alt+Tab to stop realtime work of ENB to overwrite the files

The priority have the folder. but the problem coming not from this because every preset have the same files with the same names. the script overwrite all files include the files inside the folder and outside.

The problem
Example

Honest Hearts and Mojave Preset Have different enblensmaks.png
if i overwrite the Mojave Preset with the Honest Hearts Preset and press Apply change it use instead the enblensmaks from mojave but this still not aviable so i ask me self why can the Injector use this?

other problem
example

if i ovewrrite the Old world blues Preset with Mojave Preset
The Mojave Preset have normally a Brown/white image tint it have instead a purple/blue tint. the color balance etc too dont match correct with the orginal preset. so i think it will not unload all shaders

i can say to 100% the overwrite never failed by me i have check it manually

i have inlucde in this script a clear option but this have exact same problem . the injector can use files they are still missing full like enbseries.ini or the enblensmaks.png

that why i think it use a cache i notice to if i open the taskmanger and press apply change the ram usage of enb maybe reduce 60-70% im not sure at this point

i hope you understand my english is not really good and google translate is a bad option
Last edited by Anro on 13 Jan 2018, 23:53, edited 1 time in total.

i dont know what you have change in the enbseries.dll
the only different at the moment is the apply change function work 40% faster
but still i have the some problems

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Then it was not the reason of issue and i have no other ideas, except that you try delete all other d3d9 wrappers and test just mine for this bug. And if it fail, then check if you do not have any antiviruses running. In the end, delete everything from enbseries folder and then copy new preset, then press load, then apply buttons.

ENBSeries wrote:
Then it was not the reason of issue and i have no other ideas, except that you try delete all other d3d9 wrappers and test just mine for this bug. And if it fail, then check if you do not have any antiviruses running. In the end, delete everything from enbseries folder and then copy new preset, then press load, then apply buttons.

maybe a mistake

the injector work fine for me the preset change too.
but i want to change the preset without to need to restart the game this dosent work correct
i dont have any other problem a bit performance problem because my gpu dont support this game

i dont use any antivirus trash
i need the other injector because the performance without is pathetic the stupid amd guys dont support this game by my driver

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Sorry, but presets are fully replacable while game running. Exception only if previously installed preset contain files which not exist in new preset, but used by mod. For example depth of field or effect.txt shader. The file which i gave you for testing had forced deletion of everything (except enbpalete image) when you press "apply" button, same as using alt+tab when in full screen. If this not worked for you, then its some kind of misunderstanding should be.

yes tsi full replaceable but only by minimize game or the overwrite failed full by me. yes script have admin right without the overwrite failed totally

all preset are identical in the files numbers and name. no preset delete or add new files
the different between the preset only the values. and as example Mojave enbeffect.fx have a nightvision patch the other preset not. the parameters and shader thing in the files a are different
honest hearts and dead money as example use different lensmask and palette.

i dont know make this maybe problems. i can see the overwrite is full succesfull but enb use instead the old vision which still not aviable anymore this is my main problem. it use all time instead the old enblensmask. put i have overwrite this succesfull with the new mask and this detect enb not (example the problem i have too by other files)