[Oldrim] Dark objects with Brute Force

• Author

[Oldrim] Dark objects with Brute Force

Some objects (here specifically the nordic arrow quiver) becomes obscenely dark with Brute Force turned on

Here's shot without Brute Force

And with ENB turned off

Is there a flag or an option I need to change in NifSkope or in ENB that I could manage the darkness?

EDIT: fixed the images, how can I resize them? width/height=x doesn't seem to work

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: [Oldrim] Dark objects with Brute Force

Maybe its some weird transparency setting used for them as alpha blending mode. They look like alpha test only without alpha blending (similar to most hairs), but who knows, maybe they do have alpha blending enabled (srcblend=5/srcalpha, destblend=6/invsrcalpha). But even in such case i very much doubt about such artifact. Maybe there is some kind of tint parameter, which handled by mod wrongly and albedo of feathers is almost black. You can try to change mixing mode of ao, may help. Brute force mode is actually use same input data as default ambient occlusion.

Images can't be resized via forum.

Setting AOMixingType to 0 made the darkness less visible, but it's still too powerful. The other settings for AOMixingType didn't change much. The pictures in OP were taken with AOMixingType=2. Changing the AOType setting to 1 (it was 2) did change the darkness to much more manageable levels.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Is that vanilla object? Maybe savegame will help and guide how to get it (tfc i guess).

The arrows and quiver are from Dragonborn DLC, called "Nordic Arrow" the bow is from Dragonborn DLC and is called "Nordic Bow"

The code for the arrows is "player.additem 04028357 50"

Code for the bow is "player.additem 04026232 1"

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I don't have dlc, so additem did nothing for me. But luckily i have found arrows at least and weared them. No bugs with them https://imgur.com/a/zCFBG. But i have one idea. The problem could be because that part do not have dublicated back side mesh with flipped normals, so for ssao/ssr/lighting its back side of objects. Thats the only explanation i can imagine. Anyway, without this object in my game can't say anything clearly.

These items were the first I've seen with this sort of bug, maybe Beth forgot to add something to the meshes, or added something by accident.

Thanks for the help, I'll look in to my ENB config to see if there's something I can tweak on my end.