[Skyrim] Adjust lighting on magic effects

• Author

[Skyrim] Adjust lighting on magic effects

Not sure if this is the right board to post this question but I would like to be able to adjust the lighting or intensity of magic effects in Skyrim. I know particles lighting can be adjusted, and things like fire lighting and sky lighting but how about magic effects? Such as when an NPC is glowing with some magic effect, it can look fine in the day time but at night I find it looks odd, it would be nice to tune it down a little according to time of day such as Dusk, Night, InteriorNight, etc like most of the other tweakables have.

Is this something only Boris could add in or is this something that could be adjusted by a .fx file?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: [Skyrim] Adjust lighting on magic effects

It depends on the effect, some are detected as particles and some as light sprites (from what I remember) but it's not something that easily detectable since they use different shaders depending on the effect. Only foolproof method would be to "mark" the objects somehow so that ENB could detect them but it would require someone to go over every single effect.

Do some of them look downright wrong is specific circumstances?

Not really sure which effects specifically look wrong but I think what I'm looking for is a way to adjust the lighting/intensity of membrane palette textures (as named by TES5Edit). I see the variables in the ENB editor where I can change particles and lightsprite lighting according to the time of day but is there a way to do that with membranes?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

There is no specific category, like said it depends on what kind of an object it's detected as. Some might respond to particles, some to lightsprite, most to nothing I guess.

Ok so I would have to mark the actual effect in xEdit so that it could be adjusted by the ENB? Could you point me in the direction of how I could do that?

Just to clarify what sort of effect I'm talking about I found this image on google search that shows what I'd like to lower the intensity of, not sure exactly which effect it is but it's that type of glow I'd like to be able to adjust.
https://imgur.com/PEsELx7

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I can try make new parameter for such things, but i don't know how to spawn with console commands anything like this.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Boris, to test use console command "psb" to give you all the spells.

If you spot any weird effects needing editing or have any ideas etc. just let me know, stuff like that can be included in the particle patch.

I got the effect via console commands.

> help "frost cloak"
> player.addspell (whatever the id is, on my system it is 0003AEA2)
> tgm
(need tgm so you have enough mana to cast the spell if you just created a new char)

Cast the spell and the effect should show.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Okay, guess i know how to detect this thing. But any idea how to call category of parameters for it and what to change?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Just that frost effect or spell effects in general? If you can isolate spell effects then I guess [SPELLS] would be most self-explanatory.

I guess intensity and curve should be enough, many different colors are used for those so filters would probably not work well.