Skyrim rain in gta san andreas?

• Author

Skyrim rain in gta san andreas?

https://youtu.be/ra8PJnWVI-E

How is this possible? Sorry for asking but i dont have any clue about shaders..

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: Skyrim rain in gta san andreas?

I can only say how I made the rain in my MMGE 3 mod - the author of this video told me he inspected my code so I assume this version builds on top of mine. The GTASA ENB has a various data that allows to navigate in the game world, you could draw a plane at a certain height in world space or let's say one that follows the camera around, whatever. I created an ellipsoid (stretched sphere) around the player, where I put a raindrop texture (many raindrops at once) on it and moved it continually downwards, starting at the top again. Just like chocolate would flow when you pour it onto an egg. When you look around, you actually see the inside of this ellipsoid (the chocolate flowing from inside the egg). The rain now consists of multiple layers with different resolutions so you have differently sized raindrop layers. I also read the depth per pixel and discard the back layers if the depth is smaller than some value, so if the scene is 200m away, draw 3 layers, if it's 50, draw only 2, if it's 10, draw 1 only so it creates the illusion of depth and that raindrops actually intersect with the game world. My original algo just drawed drops on top of the scene, this adaptation here also distorts the scene, just like the ENB rain shader does.

prZ

Re: Skyrim rain in gta san andreas?

i already checked your code and it seems like he used parts of yours. and its obvious he just found a way to use the raindrops.tga from skyrim enb together with your driplets.
i cant wait for your mmge4 marty, keep up your good work!