Question on tweaking Skyrim ENB

• Author

Question on tweaking Skyrim ENB

I love modding Skyrim and have no experience really, other than finding mods/ENB and plugging them in. Creating, Im a total Noob. I want to make my own ENB and I have learned a lot by picking up pieces of info I can find and messing with ENB tweaks from all that I have tried. It would be really cool to make my own ENB preset from scratch. I got the most recent v0.315 ENB. What my problem is, I am very picky about my water. I can tweak the muddiness for example on the preset I download, but when I just have the files from 0.315 from this site, with water enabled, ignoring weather or not, adjusting the muddiness does nothing.... Direct lighting under environment adjusts just fine. I am confused and not sure why some of my ENB adjustments work and others don't from the v0.315 fx and ini files, when they clearly do otherwise with someones preset. Not sure what I'm missing when I made sure that EnableWater under Effect is set to true. I don't have a strong rig, so the best ENBs are really impactful. I want to use my current sweetfx settings with my most liked weather and lighting mods and from there taking the bare bones of the 0315 enb files and making adjustments to my liking and keeping my performance in check. Any help would be.... helpful. Thanks

P.S. I know nothing about .fx files other than some in presets can be tweaked and others can't in game not sure why and that =0 =1 is either enable or disable, if there's any credible source to learn how to work with .fx files, I would appreciate it and love to learn.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: Question on tweaking Skyrim ENB

Guess noone else will answer. Well, i can only say that have no idea why parameters of water do not work, because with non modified game it works properly and with all game versions. Also it's not driver dependent thing.