Quick question (flat shading look)

• Author

Re: Quick question (flat shading look)

Yes more then enough, did you need to update the dll for something to do with the horizon you mentioned?

The only thing i mentioned before was making an edit to the postpass.fx from the painterly enb preset i linked before, to have a subsurface mask i can use to prevent the paint effect from effecting the skin with a transparency setting for the mask so i could fade in the paint effect on the skin just abit.

But dont worry about it you have done more then enough thank you

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I dont know about updating binary or not. You see, game move sun in backward direction at night, it's like invisible moon, but still apply lights. So if you are okay with that, no need to change, otherwise i will turn off sun direction at night.
About paint shader, i dont believe it will work well, because edges in prepass are generated outside of the character too, so mask can't see them and as result they will have half "painted". Only inner edges looks not okay. To generate edges in post pass could be solution, but then only one exact shader must be used, that one with paint style and no prepass, no dof (dof will destroy masking, while in current version it works okay for edges, more or less).

i did see the moon light thing and im okay with that

So having the mask in the postpass might have the paint effect still effect round the edges of the character or do you mean the edges from the prepass will still have the paint effect?

If you mean that the edges would still get some paint due to the lines being drawn outside the character then id be okay with that. Its hard to say without seeing it but i can imagen how it might look and i think that would be fine

Is being able to tweak the transparency of the mask doable from 0.00 to 1.00?, i dont know how the coding and calculations works so i have no idea what im really asking XD

I honestly really wish i could code for my self its so frustrating, iv tried to learn for years but my brain just rejects same with trying to learn another language :/

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Transparency of mask possible to tweak, but it will look not as you expect, very ugly result. Okay, i'll check that paint shader, but i warned you about the bug, edges of characters will be cut at half.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Lens distortion was disabled, because masking not work with it. To make it work, you should download binary again, i'll make silent update in few minutes.
Attachments
enbeffectpostpass.fx
(97.23 KiB) Downloaded 43 times

Nice! works great, wasnt bothered by the fisheye anyway ha
Is there a value i can change for the mask transparency in the postpass.fx to experiment my self?
Or did you skip that because the result would be ugly
If thats the case then no problem, Im really happy with this
many many thanks
I shall leave you alone now :)

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

No parameters. Just open photoshop and try to blend by transparency two layers and you will see it's a crap. Morthing of one image to another must be made, but it's very complex effect. Or to change values of paint, which too much complicated task for me, because i dont know algorithm used in paint shader.

Yer no worries i understand thankyou sooo much XD