Quick question (flat shading look)

• Author

Re: Quick question (flat shading look)

Oh okay ill check that

So for outlines yes i love them

What where you going to try with enabling shadows with the environment settings set to be flat shaded
Was this something i need to change my end or is this a far more complex thing

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I have no idea how to make properly working code for shadows, because compression of brightness in enbeffect.fx shader still require all other elements to be used, so the tonemapping, eye adaptation do need to be applied too. How to mix them all for any preset and weather conditions, i don't know. Problem is that game highly moddable, games with cell shading do not have hdr and don't need to have, but if all values set to 1 to make look like vanilla without hdr, it's ugly. Maybe making many parameters for compression code will do the trick, but can't work in any cases, for any weather and time of the day (at night shadows and overall lighting darker).

Okay i see

Ill try bumping up the environment settings little by little to see if i can get some sort of effect that looks okay for what i would like

So i bumped up the lighting setting to 0.30 for most of the lighting settings and have this result
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-lnx ... 3JNRmVoVTQ
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-lnx ... HJZc0Y3bEE
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-lnx ... lFxd2lZdDA

It still looks pretty flat and has some soft minimal shadows, best im going to get
My textures help although im redoing all of them so i can work with these new enb settings in mind when making them

Thankyou sooo much Boris i love it!!

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Ok. If i'll find some idea, will do an update

Well dont tease me now haha

Hay Boris, its been a wile iv been using the outlines ever since you made them XD

Iv been thinking about moving to sse, most mods are ported, animations skse ect

You said before that this outline shader wasnt doable in sse is that still the case?

Id be sad to not be able to use these outlines

Im looking to use the painterly enb
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecial ... ?tab=posts

had my eye on it for a wile :D

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Hi. I badly remember the code and other details, dont remember if i made custom version for you or changes are applied to every recent version. Dont remember why i couldnt apply to SE. For sure i can tell that transparent depth still not exist in SkyrimSE version, so characters outlines will look buggy with some hairs and clothing, like bald head outline instead of hairs. And of course i no longer have shader which you have used to generate outlines and other things, so it is almost like to start again from scratch, which i do not want to do. Try to tell me some details to remind.

hay its been over a year so yer im not surprised you wont directly remember lol

Yer no need to start form scratch, if it dosnt work it dosnt work

Most of the hair i use are solid mesh not transparent textures so that would be fine for me but not most people who use ks and apatchy hairs ect

As for details the only criteria was npcs/player/creatures have outlines nothing else, i didnt want the mess of outlines everywhere like the the typical toon shaders that are floating about

what you did with linking it to the subsurface shader before was genius
if that helps you remember i could make a mesh have the outline by assigning the soft-lighting shader flag in the nif
so its was basicly edge detection for only objects containing the soft-lighting shader flag

Well unless you think of something i guess the simple answer is no its not doable in sse

oh yer the shader was apart of the main oldrim build it was the enbprepass.fx
it was the reason you moved the dof to enbdepthoffield.fx

Its still there in the latest oldrim enb build