Changes to exterior dont work [OPTIMUS]

• Author

Re: Changes to exterior dont work

Ok. So ive played about an hour and everything seems good. No crashes/freezing so far.

A few things. I found another guy with the same issue who had found some leftover weather esps in his game directory that were causing it. I uninstalled every mod and sifted my game directory and never saw anything. So I reinstalled my game and attempted again, still wasn't fixed.

I received a slight FPS boost and could see my Nvidia card in use in the tray with Skyrim once I forced it to use the card in the Nvidia control panel, but my understanding is the integrated graphics can draw off the Nvidia cards memory a bit if needed, so I think that's what was happening, but the card still wasn't being used.

Here is what I did that seems to be a real resolution...

1st) I grabbed Hialgos DLL creator, but couldn't get it to work initially. The pre set cards didn't have mine listed and the 3 numbered options to find my card all turned up the integrated card, not the Nvidia. So I ended up going into the device manager to find the exact card name and putting it in manually. Running with that allowed it to detect my card properly in the launcher window, however in game it seemed to revert back to the integrated. On top of this it no longer recognized the enb.

2nd) I renamed the Hialgo DLL, im pretty sure any name will work here. Then I went to enblocal and enabled proxy library and in the proxylibrary line I put in the new name of the D3D9 hialgo DLL. I renamed the enb D3D9 DLL to D3D9orig.dll.

3rd) I downloaded Hialgos Optimus fix dll and put that in as the plain D3D9.DLL.

So to clarify... you need 3 D3D9.DLLs. All go in the main Skyrim directory.
The Hialgo created DLL will be renamed to whatever you want and put into the proxy library.
The enb DLL will be renamed to D3D9orig.DLL
And the Optimus DLL fix will stay as D3D9.DLL

I did notice after relaunching the game later that the launcher no longer recognized my Nvidia card, but Skyrimprefs and Render info still have Nvidia listed, and the enb itself in game says its using my Nvidia. On top of that, the graphics issues are all resolved and everything seems to work flawlessly, so im led to believe no matter what the launcher says, the issue is fixed. This is with all my mods reinstalled (confirming it was never a mod conflict)

My FPS is noticeably higher, the sun glare is gone, adjusting enb values effects the exterior properly and of course, everything looks quite similar to the enb Nexus page screenshots.

Hopefully this helps in the future if anybody else meets similar problems.

Just to throw it out there, I have an Nvidia GeForce GT 740M card.

Re: Changes to exterior dont work [OPTIMUS]

Just wanted to throw out an update that don't believe this really is a fix.

It did get the game running with both the enb and proper GPU but I believe there is some sort of memory problem when using this, even without the GPU.

Running the game with no mods or enb on vanilla very rapidly (after maybe 45 minutes) runs out of memory and ctds. I believe its a way the Nvidia GPU handles memory in comparison to the Intel integrated GPU. Something in the way they share.

What a shame.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Try to tweak [MEMORYMANAGER] parameters according to ENBoost description on Nexus

I'll give that a try in a few weeks when I try it again. Got tired of fooling around with it so I reset everything to play regularly.

Once I'm done this character I'll come back around to the enb and see if I can get it working.