Help! How to create this effect DOF in enb?

• Author

Help! How to create this effect DOF in enb?

Hi! I'm very interested how to create DOF effect as on this screenshot? The effect itself was made in Reshade, with the help of Matso DOF. Is it possible to repeat it in ENB? And How?

I also want to ask, let's say I want to make the background white, fill it with white, and ahead is my character outside the fill. Is it possible to do this at the ENB? And How?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: Help! How to create this effect DOF in enb?

ENBSeries many years only exclusive for certain games, so you can't do anything with it for Tomb Raider or any other game which not supported. In case of supported games, yes you can, with knoledge of course only and by yourself, because community here is not helpful about things which can't be popular. There is a depth buffer and via it you can make a mask of any kind for any objects which far than certain range. Or if image is static, you can capture depth, reload is as modified texture and mask such depth. In Skyrim mod you can by mouse position pick depth and apply mask by it's value. And again, these all require knowledge and for any help you need to provide a lot of details at least, but nobody guarantee any help, as you can see forum is almost empty and i am lazy or busy.

ENBSeries wrote:ENBSeries many years only exclusive for certain games, so you can't do anything with it for Tomb Raider or any other game which not supported. In case of supported games, yes you can, with knoledge of course only and by yourself, because community here is not helpful about things which can't be popular. There is a depth buffer and via it you can make a mask of any kind for any objects which far than certain range. Or if image is static, you can capture depth, reload is as modified texture and mask such depth. In Skyrim mod you can by mouse position pick depth and apply mask by it's value. And again, these all require knowledge and for any help you need to provide a lot of details at least, but nobody guarantee any help, as you can see forum is almost empty and i am lazy or busy.
I'm not talking about Tomb Raider. I gave an example of the effect of a bokeh shift. I want to implement it in Skyrim. I could install Reshade, but he doesn't work with the ENB. I achieved the white background effect using DOF noise, but unfortunately the background is only partly white. Noise does not fill all white. Unfortunately my knowledge is not too great. I just can make small adjustments, but no more.

Here are some examples of the effects that I want to create, I need any clues, I will be very grateful.(Sorry for big post)

Last edited by Crotusus on 17 Jun 2017, 05:30, edited 2 times in total.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

It's not hard, just need to find last function in pixel shader and before "return" in it set returned value to 1.0 when depth is bigger than certain value. Something like this:

Code: Select all

float	valdepth=tex2D(SamplerDepth, IN.txcoord.xy).x;
valdepth=1.0/(max(1.0-valdepth, 0.00000000001));
if (valdepth>tempF1.x) res.xyz=1.0; //white
return res;
and tweak temporary variable 1 by keys ('1' with pageup/pagedown) or in editor, to adjust distance by which depth is clipped and colors are white.

ENBSeries wrote:It's not hard, just need to find last function in pixel shader and before "return" in it set returned value to 1.0 when depth is bigger than certain value. Something like this:

float	valdepth=tex2D(SamplerDepth, IN.txcoord.xy).x;
valdepth=1.0/(max(1.0-valdepth, 0.00000000001));
if (valdepth>tempF1.x) res.xyz=1.0; //white
return res;
and tweak temporary variable 1 by keys ('1' with pageup/pagedown) or in editor, to adjust distance by which depth is clipped and colors are white.
Well, thanks, but about the shift DOF, do you have any ideas?(It's funny to talk a Russian person with a Russian person on English:D)

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Simply grab dof shader, any of it, change direction of blurring to one only, that's all. I can't help better, because there are many shader files with dof and all are different and need changes individually. Can be tdirs, TexCoordOffset from what i see in one shader by Matso. Guess if changing this line:

float2 tdirs[4] = { float2(1.0, 0.0), float2(0.0, 1.0), float2(0.707, 0.707), float2(-0.707, 0.707) };
To this one:

float2 tdirs[4] = { float2(1.0, 0.0), float2(1.0, 0.0), float2(0.707, 0.0), float2(-0.707, 0.0 };
Will give horizontal blurring only

ENBSeries wrote:Simply grab dof shader, any of it, change direction of blurring to one only, that's all. I can't help better, because there are many shader files with dof and all are different and need changes individually. Can be tdirs, TexCoordOffset from what i see in one shader by Matso. Guess if changing this line:

float2 tdirs[4] = { float2(1.0, 0.0), float2(0.0, 1.0), float2(0.707, 0.707), float2(-0.707, 0.707) };
To this one:

float2 tdirs[4] = { float2(1.0, 0.0), float2(1.0, 0.0), float2(0.707, 0.0), float2(-0.707, 0.0 };
Will give horizontal blurring only
Hmm.. Grab DOF shader? Where from? In Enb there are no DOF shaders. And is it possible, if I take the file DOF.fx from Reshade and add it to the ENB? Or I will copy the necessary lines of DOF.fx and add them to the Enbeffectprepass.fx

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I don't think ReShade code compatible in any way, it require a lot of coding to port it. Better find on Nexus existing enbeffectprepass.fx shaders of dof or here in effects section. I can give you one, but have no permission from Matso to do so. To make my own is wasting of time because others already exists

ENBSeries wrote:I don't think ReShade code compatible in any way, it require a lot of coding to port it. Better find on Nexus existing enbeffectprepass.fx shaders of dof or here in effects section. I can give you one, but have no permission from Matso to do so. To make my own is wasting of time because others already exists
I have enbeffectprepass.fx. I don't understand in which section to write your code.

*sensei*

Use Marty McFly Skyrim\F4 DOF and change its aspect ratio and rotation in the in-game shader settings.

EDIT: Nevermind, the rotation doesn't actually rotate the image like that, it only rotates the pixels that are inside the bokeh shapes. But aspect ratio works for starters.
GPU: AMD Radeon 5700 XT
Sound Card: X-FI Titanium HD
Mobo: ASRock X370 Pro4
Monitor: M340CLZ 34" 3440x1440 100HZ AMD FREE Sync Curved Monitor