Easier .fx integration

• Author

Easier .fx integration

I was wondering if we are ever going to get easier .fx file integration by being able to just drop one into the enbseries folder and having it enabled automatically like ReShade instead of the current format where it feels like you need a Phd in coding to get it going.

Thanks in advance.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: Easier .fx integration

It's same easy drop and it work. But it's just me who do not make any shader files because everything will be stolen and put at least to ReShade.

It's the same for the main files that come with it. But for something like 3dLut there needs to be the helper file, than it added in code to enbeffect. Which I can never seem to get it to work as I always get errors...lol

To just be able to drop it in and it work without having to code would be nice. Maybe it can be added as an official file to work like the others?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

ReShade just applies multiple arbitrary shaders on top of the final image of a game. ENB has a somewhat fixed shader structure because it replaces a lot of the rendering of a game. First the shaders inside the DLL apply internals like SSAO. Then enbeffectprepass.fx applies DoF in general, output of it is used for bloom calculation. enbeffect.fx is intended for blending bloom with color, tonemapping, color grading and post pass is intended for LDR corrections like AA, noise, sharpen. As you can see, every file has its certain role in the render process. Adding any additional code obviously requires cramping it into one of the existing blocks where it's fits best . color grading thingy? Stuff it into enbeffect. Filmic noise? Into postpass.fx with it. A little bit of expertise can be expected from anyone, no?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Maybe you mean to make included files with separated functions which calls one by one on same color. It will not work with my mod, because only few simplest things can be applied like that, even if you replace tonemapping with another one, it fails because tonemapping parameters must fit color tweaks of 3d scene. Also some advanced modders make totally different file which have another flow of effects applied and data used from previous shader files. It's a case when simplifying by standartisation reduce potential.

Thank you for your replies.

I finally got it to load correctly, but it took me many trial and errors to do so, just for a simple effect....lol

I've been trying other .fx files but it is just too much. There seems to be no good documentation on how to achieve even the simplest thing that you want to add. It just would be nice to have a easier route to add things. Guess this belongs to the code junkies.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

If i remember someone here tried to make what you asking, modular features, like adding letterbox.

Yeah modular would be great. I've even tried reverse engineering some other presets with poor results...lol Even tried Jawz release on the nexus with limited results. I know he tried to make it as simple as he could but reading some of that stuff makes my head spin...ha

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

No, you don't understand. I will not make modular ever, it's already is, but not as ReShade or what you think it should be, because it's wrong way and i never make things simpler for casuals, i targeted only for experienced modders who can do good presets. All fancy stuff is left for other mods. I'm very glad that SweetFX and ReShade get off from me all the people who don't see difference between same images or say "super cool" about something lame. With those mods you can't do what you can with mine and i don't want to sacrifice this potential just to make plug and play system. Download entire preset and tweak it yourself or use other mods.