ENB v3+ and Fallout New Vegas

• Author

ENB v3+ and Fallout New Vegas

Hey thanks for your work on ENB, I've used it for some years now on a few games. I realize this problem exists for very few users but I'd like to request some help anyway. Bare with me on the explanation.

Recently decided to get New Vegas working with the oculus rift again with the Vireio Perception driver. After updating drivers for the Oculus, I had to update Vireio, and I couldn't chainload ENB and then the Vireio D3d9.dll anymore just got crashing.

After much hair loss, I decided to try something stupid and used the ENB files for skyrim, and it worked! Mostly.

There are some texture glitches in a few places like distant terrain, but the enbseries_skyrim_v0308 works much better as far as stability and speed it seems like, maybe it's not really working, but I thought I'd ask: If I'm not imagining things, would you update the new vegas ENB with some of the improvements from the skyrim ENB if possible?

And: am I just imagining that this is working? Is there some check of the game exe that would mean this is absolutely not working but it's passing on to the chainloaded dll for the 3d headeset?

I don't want to abandon ENB from my setup, I realize how well it works with the Oculus is not your problem and you can't test that without having that hardware. If the Skyrim ENB is working with New Vegas though(mostly) I'd really appreciate if the new Vegas ENB could get the same changes, or if I'm imagining it working, I could quit trying to get a good preset going with the mix.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: ENB v3+ and Fallout New Vegas

No, it's your imagination, mod do not work properly, because both Skyrim and Fallout NV versions are exclusive just for games which they made for. Probably it's possible to run mod with vr helmets by disabling all features which incompatible (like depth of field, ssao, all post processing), but i think this not worth the result and i can't test anyway without having hardware. I have planned to by vr helmet for game development purposes, but don't know when, so it's questionable if i can help you ever, sorry.

Thanks, for answering. I couldn't get most of the effects to work but it was at least running, are there some changes in memory management or threading between the skyrim/new vegas ENB versions? I experimented with some different presets and I could at least access the ENB menu and see stats etc, as well as the Brassa 3d menu. I understand the rendering is a little different in the two games.

I hate to give up on getting ENB to work + VR on the latest drivers, it was working on the last oculus/vireio drivers with .278, I wish I knew why the combination crashes with the newer vireio driver but not with skyrim enb :/

Good luck in getting a 3D HMD, its fun when it works xD

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Of course games are very different, their rendering pipeline also. First of all, how depth is handled by the games, it's the most problematic thing (i replace depth buffer with custom, while skyrim do it itself and use another format).

An inexpensive way to get a VR headset by the way, I made my first one with an old android + a lot of software. Now it's even easier you can get an app like Trinus VR and make a headset from cardboard and be able to play pc games if you want to check out the experience.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I'm too much oldschool, don't have phone which can do this.