Skyrim SE enbseries.ini Missing Tons of Adjustables

• Author

Skyrim SE enbseries.ini Missing Tons of Adjustables

It's been many years since I did anything with ENB for Skyrim, and with Skyrim SE, I got back into it...
However, for some odd reason, the newest enbseries.ini is missing tons of options, and I want to know what's wrong, and why ENB is virtually useless now compared to the one I used to tweak.

Here's a list of the old setting headders (maybe that's the wrong term, but it's the name for each section of tweakables that's bracketed in the INI):

Code: Select all

[GLOBAL]
[EFFECT]
[WEATHER]
[TIMEOFDAY]
[NIGHTDAY]
[ADAPTATION]
[BLOOM]
[LENS]
[SSAO_SSIL]
[SKYLIGHTING]
[ENVIRONMENT]
[SKY]
[OBJECT]
[VEGETATION]
[EYES]
[LIGHTSPRITE]
[WINDOWLIGHT]
[VOLUMETRICFOG]
[FIRE]
[PARTICLE]
[COLORCORRECTION]
[SHADOW]
[DEPTHOFFIELD]
[RAYS]
[REFLECTION]
[IMAGEBASEDLIGHTING]
[RAIN]
[SUBSURFACESCATTERING]
[WATER]
[UNDERWATER]
[CLOUDSHADOWS]
[VOLUMETRICRAYS]
[PROCEDURALSUN]
[MIST]
The list in the new version:

[GLOBAL]
[EFFECT]
[COLORCORRECTION]
[ADAPTATION]
[DEPTHOFFIELD]
[BLOOM]
[LENS]
See what I mean? It's missing tons of useful settings. Let's look at "[EFFECT]" as an example.

Old "[EFFECT]":

UseOriginalPostProcessing=false
EnableBloom=true
EnableAdaptation=true
EnableAmbientOcclusion=true
EnableDepthOfField=true
UseOriginalObjectsProcessing=false
EnableDetailedShadow=true
EnableSunRays=true
EnableSkyLighting=true
EnableReflection=true
EnableImageBasedLighting=true
EnableSoftParticles=true
EnableParticleLights=true
EnableSubSurfaceScattering=true
EnableSunGlare=false
EnableLens=false
EnableWater=true
EnableUnderwater=true
EnableCloudShadows=true
EnableVolumetricRays=true
EnableProceduralSun=true
EnableMist=true
UseOriginalBloom=false
EnablePostPassShader=true
EnableDithering=false
New "[EFFECT]":

UseOriginalPostProcessing=false
UseOriginalBloom=false
EnablePostPassShader=false
EnableDithering=false
EnableAdaptation=true
EnableBloom=true
EnableLens=true
EnableDepthOfField=true
Why is it missing so much stuff?
Can I get them back?
If so, how?

This stuff may be obvious to you guys, but I'm not a software engineer/programmer, nor do I have the time to waste sifting through tons of topics just so my game can look prettier, so please be patient with me. I'm like an artist, and ENB is my paint set. I don't know how to make brushes and paint, but I know how to use them to make something beautiful. Coders are like the guys who make the brushes and paint. So don't be surprised or angry that the artist is asking why he's missing brushes and paint colors in the new set he got. Make sense?
I ask because I do not know. I only know stuff is missing. Please help me. Thanks in advance. :)

*master*

Re: Skyrim SE enbseries.ini Missing Tons of Adjustables

Skyrim SE ENB isn't Skyrim ENB, it's a different game in the inside.
Give Boris some time to let him implement more features to the new Skyrim SE ENB :)

I kinda figured as much, and I can't really complain as he's letting us use the software for free, and I have mad respect for that.
Are there any sort of plugins that could help increase control over the customization that I could be linked to?
I'll definitely search more into it, but if someone with more experience and expertise could point me in the right direction, it'd save me a lot of time.
I especially want a way to adjust highlights and shadows individually. As it stands now, any changes happen to both ranges simultaneously.
I'm also looking for a way to keep all of the sky detail while keeping the black levels from being crushed in the land/objects/actors/flora, much like HDR does on my iPhone.

I should also note that I'm planning to use it for personal use only, so I'm not too concerned about permissions for redistribution (I'd of course respect permissions if I ever do make a public ENB preset).

I appreciate your guys' patience and helpfulness in resolving this. :)

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

You could probably give Reshade a try, it contains quite a few post-processing effects right ouf of the box.