ExpandSystemMemoryX64=true

• Author

ExpandSystemMemoryX64=true

I had to reinstall Windows, reinstall Skyrim and all mods.

I'm using the same exact Nvidia and enblocal.ini settings + all the same mods that I was using before.

Only before... I had ExpandSystemMemoryX64=true.

Now it does a CTD as soon as I try to launch a new game.

Using Tetrachromatic ENB and Crash Fixes...Crash Fixes told me to set it to false...same ini settings also

Everything looked so much better before when I was able to set to true.

Any ideas how I can get this back to how I had it before?

...anything I can check...or try?

i7-4790K
16GB DDR3 2400
256GB SSD x 2 (Skyrim on non-OS drive)
GTX 1070 8GB
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: ExpandSystemMemoryX64=true

Probably you have different setting of memory patch in SKSE (make sure 512 mb set, not 768 or more) or have installed some applications which hooks in to virtual memory of process injecting libraries (antiviruses for example), so there is no single long enough block of memory required by memory patch of SKSE. If you fail to fix problem, it's okay to disable that parameter, it saves some memory, but if you enable memory manager of ENBoost (parameter near by), then don't need this one.

Re: ExpandSystemMemoryX64=true

Thank you for the suggestion...but I figured out what it was.

Steam overlay .dll files etc.

I right clicked on Skyrim in the Steam client under library, chose to get rid of anything and everything involving Steam overlays, screenshots, friends, etc.

Do not disturb in other words!

Changed back to ExpandSystemMemoryX64=true ...and BOOM! No crashes and looks incredible again!

Had to come back and post this just in case anyone else ever encounters this problem.