Skyrim (Classic) with ReShade and ENBoost

• Author

Skyrim (Classic) with ReShade and ENBoost

Hi there.

So I can't quite get this to work. It just crashes when trying ENBoost + ReShade

Installed ENBSeries. Then installed D3d9 reshade, renamed the d3d9.dll it installed to d3d9_reshade.dll and restored the enbseries d3d9.dll.

Then using:
[PROXY]
EnableProxyLibrary=true
InitProxyFunctions=true
ProxyLibrary=d3d9_reshade.dll

However it crashes. If I turn InitProxyFunctions to false it works but I get weird graphics glitches ingame. (Faces are bright purple, water effects are matte blue, etc). Also tried naming it ReShade32.dll as that was one variant I found while googling.

The log of reshade32.dll says this at its end:
19/12/2016 16:49:33:871 [11204] | INFO | Redirecting 'Direct3DCreate9(32)' ...
19/12/2016 16:49:33:871 [11204] | ERROR | Unable to resolve hook for '0x29840B90'!

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: Skyrim (Classic) with ReShade and ENBoost

If you have graphical artifacts, then it's definetly problem not with mods. I have seen purple textures only when installed invalid texture pack, which seems used some automation tool for batch convertion of images. This bug mostly means that texture is not processed by ENBoost, failed to create. Maybe there are other reasons, i don't know. You should try to fix ENBoost functionality at first, without ReShade. Do you have some crapware running? Afterburner, EVGA, RadeonPro, Logitek and Razer tools, screen capturing software? If so, terminate them. And better no antiviruses, especially Avast.

Sorry, seems I worded that a bit confusingly. ENBoost itself works fine. Reshade seems to work fine too. I only get the artifacts when I leave InitProxyFunctions=false. But when I try to use ENBoost with ReShade (without setting that one setting to false) it just crashes on startup.

With the artifacts it looks like: http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.c ... A3A7E1F97/

So to sum-up:

Works but no Reshade
[PROXY]
EnableProxyLibrary=false
InitProxyFunctions=false
ProxyLibrary=

Works, but graphic glitches
[PROXY]
EnableProxyLibrary=true
InitProxyFunctions=false

Crashes
[PROXY]
EnableProxyLibrary=true
InitProxyFunctions=true

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

InitProxyFunctions=true must be set to initialize ReShade, that's for sure. Well, i don't know, it's better to wait till someone answer who have this combo used or in comments of presets on Nexus which also use this kind of combination. Or simply use ENBSeries without ReShade (guess you choosed ReShade because it's faster, but ENBSeries also can be configured to fast mode).

Mostly trying ReShade because ENB was too much of an fps drain, and was told just not using ENB looks usually better if you turn most of ENBs effects off anyway.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I don't know who bring all the same misinformation and how ReShade can look any better than good preset of ENBSeries, this is impossible. Situation is like someone starts new game, it gives 10 fps and he/she turn it off blaming developers in reviews instead of reduce video quality options which made for future hardware to satisfy users.
Open enblocal.ini, set UseDefferedRendering=false and you will see performance difference. And learn which effects work slow, which fast and it's not because they are slow, but because themselves they are heavy in any games which use them. But even them i allow to tweak widely even for low budget videocards, which is not possible by ReShade or games. Please learn basic things about ENBSeries, you will be impressed how big difference is.

Their point was not that you can't turn off effects to make it more performance friendly. Rather, that once you've turned off more than half of the effects supposedly just vanilla (or reshade) looks better, especially with heavy weather effects. I don't know if thats a biased opinion or not though. Not sure why having ENB would affect the vanilla look negatively either though.

I had tried turning off SSAO and DOF without any differences in FPS. So wasn't sure what quite else to turn off if I were to keep ENB, had even turned the quality of most of the preset stuff down.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

ReShade is post processor, it can't look better, it applies to low dynamic range image which you see, like a programmable photoshop. ENBSeries also have this, you just need to choose preset which you like, because default files are bad looking (default ReShade also). Anyway, i said everything, can't add new information, sorry.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Hmm. Sorry, i can't just give up and want somehow that you understand why ENBSeries is better than ReShade. Download any preset from http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/se ... src_cat=97 which you like by screenshots, then set UseDefferedRendering=false in enblocal.ini and these in enbseries.ini:
EnableDepthOfField=false
EnableAmbientOcclusion=false
EnableDetailedShadow=false
EnableSkyLighting=false
EnableReflection=false
EnableWater=false
EnableUnderwater=false
EnableCloudShadows=false
EnableVolumetricRays=false
And as fast way to get good performance without any performance hungry features, you can compare visuals to ReShade only. But if you want to have these effects, then You need to learn (or ask) how to configure their options properly for higher performance vs quality vs display resolution. Everything depends from preset, most of them very useless and look the same as others, i don't see any sense to install them, changes of the game are not to much better. But some are very nice and impossible to mimic them with ReShade, it's physically different processing, i do it per objects (changing lighting properties), while ReShade just modify final image.

Took Vividian. Tweaked the ini with the settings you posted. Still getting only 22-25 fps when looking from the river (from the helgen side) to the riverwood entrance *shrug* Without ENB I get 30+

I should note I have an AMD GPU. Bit annoying I get some 60-130 fps indoors and then suddenly drops to 33 and then 22 ^^"