Real Time GI idea for skyrim?

• Author

Re: Real Time GI idea for skyrim?

You're probably mad at me. I kind of think you probably couldn't do it anyways... It was worth a shot though.

You have all the information you need! You have the Camera world-space position (so you can calculate the world space position of pixels in view), you have the shadow view and projection matrices, and you clearly have the ability to load textures (maybe not from .bsa archives, but already extracted textures). All you would need at that point is a function that transforms camera position to cell coordinates, load the relevant extracted terrain textures--the terrain textures are named based on their cell coordinates--and then use the inverse shadow view and projection matrices to sample the textures during the gathering step. It won't be trivial, but I'm quite confident that it is possible/plausible.

I'd be willing to pay you substantially to do this. I'm sure I can't be the only one who would absolutely love to see non-screen-space sunlight GI in Skyrim!

I would love to! Just I'm kind of coding something already (Path tracer for game use). I mean I definitely could and I do have the time. I really just like working with unbiased rendering of some sort and anything that's a step closer to it I would be happy to make! If there was some clear videos on the basics of how to make an enb I'm sure I could... By the way are there any of those?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

johnshadow23
I'm not mad at anybody.

jbao
I do not load textures, i don't touch game process at all, it's against license rules. Look at the helper plugin, it's separated and hosted on my friend web page. I had issues in the past and my site was closed, don't want this any more.

Ah, I didn't realize it was a licensing issue here. That's a bummer. Thanks for getting back to me.

No hope..

Well, I guess a few months latter there's still nothing new?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Nope. Even now i don't understand what you want if i already said it will not works.

You want to know I will say it in flat words

Real time diffuse global illumination full space (color bleed and some other stuff like ao you have so.) That's it!

Re: Real Time GI idea for skyrim? X3

(I have a cheaper Idea that could work maybe)
It would have 3 requirement's.

1. You can some how project a texture on an object with ease , or even more optimization vertex color with ease

2. Some how get the objects with in a radius of x distance from the player

3. You can get the shadow maps, and light directions.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I have no idea how to get what you want, what is drawed is only what available. I can't get anything by radius or any other way for tracing or rendering, any data from objects can be received only at the moment objects are drawed or if i dump them and make some manipulations in end of frame or use dump from previous frame and pray to not have bugs because of movement of camera and dynamic objects. Do you know at all how games draw scene? I have only one idea how to make GI without source code, but it still be very buggy because of dynamic objects, fast time of the day changes by console commands or sleeping or if player not rotated camera too long time. You are wrong if think that screen space only information is enough. Every effort should worth the result.