General Skyrim ENB Questions

• Author

General Skyrim ENB Questions

Hello, these "issues" have been bugging me for quite some time now, I would love some input if you guys have some:

a. If I enable FXAA from the SkyrimPrefs.ini , and the ENB FXAA option, do they overlap to make a more effective FXAA effect, or do they just cancel each-other out?

b. What does ReservedMemorySizeMb do? Does it save some space on the VRAM to cache textures and ease the load on the RAM?
I have 1gig of VRAM, what would you recommend I set that value to, I tried setting this to different values, but general stutters are always a thing, does this variable matter that much? (I have it on 200 atm).

I would appreciate any and all help, thank you.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: General Skyrim ENB Questions

1) enabling edge antialiasing in enbseries and fxaa in game video options will make twice more blurred image/edges.

2) ReservedMemorySizeMb is amount of dynamic video memory, which have dublicate in system memory. Bigger value give less stuttering and delays when you don't have enough vram for game, but it also increase ram usage so less stability and effectiveness of enboost code. Value is individual for each pc and game because of too many combinations of mods installed, quality options of the game, hardware and drivers, but if you have sometime extremely huge fps drops, try to change this parameter, f.e. 1.5 times smaller or bigger.

Re: General Skyrim ENB Questions

Thank you very much, I recently changed my OC values to accommodate a more intense use of enb, it looks to be stable.
I will try and play with the ReservedMemorySizeMb, see if there is any difference at all.

Again, thank you, and if your heart desires, maybe you can focus more on performance in future iterations of enb :)