Skyrim not recognising ENB [Solved]

• Author

Skyrim not recognising ENB [Solved]

Hi. I'm new to working with mods for Skyrim and want to install an ENB. Have followed install instructions but it's not working and I absolutely have no idea where I have gone wrong, so any help would be greatly appreciated. :D

Trying to use Project ENB http://www.nexusmods...im/mods/20781/? as I have CoT installed already and it's working great. Downloaded and installed binary file v0221 (wrapper version) as instructed. Downloaded Project ENB files and extracted the main files to the Skyrim installation folder and the data files to the data folder. Edited SkyrimPrefs.ini in My documents as per instructions including bFloatPointRenderTarget=1 and edited video memory in enblocal.ini. (as instructed by project ENB)

Ran launcher and get immediate CTD from the d3d9.dll. Uninstall wrapper version and install injector version. Run injector.exe and skyrim launcher, disable anti-aliasing and run skyrim. Get to main loading screen but no text to show ENB active, no visible in game difference and Shift F12 does nothing.

I have a brand new computer so can't think of any compatibility issues. Running Windows7 with Radeon R9 270X (not using crossfire only one GC installed) Have turned of UAC, Avast and everything else I can think of, running all exe's as admin. I'm sure it's something stupid I can't figure out. :oops: Any help would be awesome as I can't wait to play with an ENB, thanks.
Last edited by Parssta on 26 Dec 2013, 21:35, edited 1 time in total.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: Skyrim not recognising ENB

Crash happen only because of some skse plugins or other software (screen captures, antiviruses, boosters, overlays, etc).

Thanks so much for the quick reply! It isn't crashing now I'm using the injector, the game loads and runs great but the enb is not getting injected or loaded. I will do some more investigating into my plugins and anti-virus!...Thanks :)

Yay it's working! :D If anyone wants to know for future reference: I had another copy of skyrimprefs.ini in the data folder that required editing. After that when launching the launcher I got an error message from the injector.exe to say that a directX .dll was missing. Reinstall DirectX and works like a charm!! I guess it's because I had a clean install of Windows...Thanks for your help and thanks for making ENB it makes my game so beautiful! :)