TESV:Skyrim ENB Problem! Indoors + Shadows!

• Author

TESV:Skyrim ENB Problem! Indoors + Shadows!

Hey people! ;D
I have just gotten the "The Wilds" ENB from the Skyrim Nexus, and when I started to play I realised that the shadows in doors and in caves etc. are so dark that I can't see anything without using a torch or similar. (Currently using "Wearable Lanterns" mod, to help with this)
But basically when I am indoors in houses, or areas I can enter the shadows are too dark, and the lights wont shine or give of any light.
Is there a way to tweak the "enbseries.ini" so that this won't happen?

SPEC:
CPU: i5-2500K @ 3.3GHz (Not OC'd)
GPU: AMD 7950 3GB Asus, DirectCU II TOP
RAM: 8GB

Pictures! http://imageshack.us/f/854/2012111300002.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/83 ... 0001g.jpg/

Hopefully the links will work :)

Sorry for my English, it might be bad :P (Not my native language ^^)

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: TESV:Skyrim ENB Problem! Indoors + Shadows!

As first-aid I guess you could try increasing ambient light intensity for nights (interiors, if using one of the latest binaries), lower the curve as well if needed to prevent over-exposure.

If the preset uses HD6's enbeffect.fx code, you can also increase night-time brightness - check the beginning of the file for uctbrt1 and uctbrt2, modify third value. As a matter of fact, if the light sources are weak it sounds more like an issue with low brightness.

Fouwl

Okay, I made it lighter indoors! Finally! ;D
But how can I make the lights start to shine again? Some lights give of light, but most of them dont.. :C
I don't want to increase the darkness at night, as I like it being darker ^^ (Although I would love to get the lights/lanterns by the roads etc to work, as I might be able to see something without a torch on all the time..

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

No worries, that's easy: simply increase PointLightingIntensityInterior until the discrete light sources cast enough light.

While you're at it, you can also fine-tune the light colour by adjusting the curve - lower for redder, higher for yellower cast.

Fouwl

Okay thanks for the replies! :D
This will hopefullt work, and if I see some problems I will make a new thread :)
Thanks again! ^^

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

It is indeed, seems like I was a victim of a sudden brain freeze.

Raising the AmbientMinLevelInterior setting under [SkyLighting] will 86 dark shadows completely when indoors. In fact, if it's specifically shadows that you are wanting to brighten than the number one setting you should be raising is the AmbientMinLevelInterior. As for the brightness of lights, it depends on which lights you are talking about. Different lights are effected by different settings.

Here, check out this guide for tweaking your ENB. It should be very helpful. The guide is a drop down, so you want to click on "Beginner's Guide to Tweaking ENB" (click to show)

http://www.overclock.net/t/1386086/guid ... -your-enbs

*sensei*

Last edited by Rubber-De-Flubber on 25 May 2022, 22:32, edited 1 time in total.

@Rubber-De-Flubber - That might have something to do with your adaptation settings. I rather dislike adaptation and I disable it for the most part. Try disabling it by setting most of the values under [Adaptation] to 0. You might want to leave AdaptationMin and AdaptationMax to like 0.3 or 0.4

If that doesn't solve it then your issue might be with a lighting mod conflict.