SSAA on Skyrim 2011

• Author

SSAA on Skyrim 2011

How can I enable SSAA through ENB? Cannot find a guide anywhere.

Should I use injector version?

AddDisplaySuperSamplingResolutions=true

Do I need to disable Edge AA and SubPixel AA? Do I need to disable anything else?

I currently have GTX 1070 and 1920 x 1080 @ 60 via HDMI, if that helps.

Thanks

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: SSAA on Skyrim 2011

I don't remember now for sure, but AddDisplaySuperSamplingResolutions=true, then you should use borderless window mode (also activated in enblocal.ini) and run skyrimlauncher again, choose some resolution twice bigger than your desktop resolution and run the game.

Just wanted to thank you for trying to help me. I'm using Antique Dragon ENB which is a bit of a unique preset.

I managed to get supersampling working.

I had to:

enblocal.ini

[ENGINE]
AddDisplaySuperSamplingResolutions=true

Then launch Skyrim Launcher via MO...

3840 x 2160 enabled

I then had what I can only describe as texture shimmering on ALL textures. Only visible when I moved around...not like z-fighting...just sparkly shimmering textures...especially pine trees and landscapes. I tried different settings for clamp, AF, and AA. First tried SMAA but it did not seem to help. I did enable both borderless, but it didn't seem to help either. Temporal AA almost eliminated it completely for whatever reason. Suspect it could have something to do with LOD bias. But that's just a guess.

It was still just hard enough on my eyes to not want it enabled during gameplay. Screenshots would be okay I guess.

Later I found a forum post about supersampling where someone was saying to set:

[GLOBAL]
UseDefferedRendering=false

But I did not even try it because I suspect that would disable way too many functions of ENB that I'm just not willing to sacrifice for supersampling. Rather work towards getting a 4K monitor!

Thanks again for your help.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Strange, downscaling on nvidia cards is always bilinear, so supersampling trick should work fine. I don't remember any issues. You can try to force anisotropic filtering, maybe some textures use point filtering type.