NVidia or ATI

dispute about different topics
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: NVidia or ATI

First yes, then he clarified that it must work faster with nvidia.

LOL this pretty much confirms all those rumours about Nvidia. What kind of money were they offering you? That's very admirable of you but the funny thing is he actually got his wish for now. :roll:

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I don't like when someone say about money. I never get paid like that.

He didn't you offer any money? What a bastard. and he expects you to handicap ATI for free.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I'm not anal slave to anyone, not for NVidia and not for ATI. But i'm NVidia fan and former ATI fan (radeon 9500-9800 for ati and gf6600+ nvidia).

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

ENBSeries wrote:First yes, then he clarified that it must work faster with nvidia.
Did he said that or did he meant rather that you should code it as efficient as possible for the Nvidia architecture and they would help you with that, which means in the other run it would run slower on ATI Hardware but at least not as efficient ;)

I guess Nvidia would never say officialy code it slower on the other Hardware but it's just a side effect because of the different Architecture and Drivers, also a reason ATI/AMD Devs said they want to get away from the API stuff back to Raw coding the GPUs to get all the efficiency without any overhead but of course it's u topical and most Devs are to much into DX and OGL these days this was heavily discussed on Beyond3d when AMD/ATI guy mentioned it ;)

Nvidia doesn't push for nothing Companies into the TWIMTBP program and Game Devs love it getting the support their Team of Engineers the price for it slower runtime on ATI/AMD ;)
Only very few Game Devs can actually afford with the Deadlines hanging onto them optimizing for both architecture Efficiently, especially as their are so many ways of doing stuff and driver change things and the Nvidia Engineers know most of the times better where the culprits are in the implementation of certain things and get faster to the core of Architectural Slowdowns (thus they manipulate games after and optimize the shader compilation for those a lot of times in their Drivers).

No one outside of Nvidia or ATI/AMD for example can analyze the load on the Cores in the GPU based on the area they are used and the area that is unused the only measurement outside developers have is latency, load and bandwidth.

Imho ATI/AMD slept a very long time and their Ecosystem is nowhere near because of that sleeping where Nvidia stands today (they have a enormously efficient Ecosystem in practically all Areas and they can mix and match them very efficiently)
The Documentation and Access Restrictions for ATI/AMD where always very high sign NDA here sign NDA for this sign NDA for that, Nvidia where the first who lowered this a lot and released so much parts without ever needing to sign a NDA for, they still have these NDA parts but they are rare. Also they made everything from their conferences accessible for anyone even if you weren't into the Buisness they allowed you access, this was a Genius Decision and i still say whoever @ Nvidia who made this possible whoever initiated this relatively open Ecosystem with very low boundaries and excellent SDK care back in the G92 days this Guy drove the success of Nvidia Sky High.

ATi/AMD was over years though much better in Perf/Watt Nvidia always looked away from it until they started Tegra and brought everything from it into Kepler and now i would say they are even for how long we gonna see :)

Even Intel started with a way better Developer Ecosystem than ATI/AMD (SDK, Documentation,NDA boundaries ect) they surely learned from Nvidias success ;)

Perfection is the greatest enemy of photorealism.
Jorge Jimenez Activision Blizzard

enb

Sorry, i don't want to discuss this topic, already said my opinion, i like NVidia more because of less problems, but i can't do what they want from me, the way they want. I'm not worker of the company to force concurence with ATI.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Can absolutely understand that and i find it very honor full of you that you go the hard way but keep it even therefore for both users :)

Perfection is the greatest enemy of photorealism.
Jorge Jimenez Activision Blizzard

ENBSeries wrote:Never said that, i don't want to cooperate with anyone.
ENBSeries wrote:I don't like when someone say about money. I never get paid like that.
ENBSeries wrote:I'm not anal slave to anyone, not for NVidia and not for ATI. But i'm NVidia fan and former ATI fan (radeon 9500-9800 for ati and gf6600+ nvidia).

so sad that rumors finally come true...

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

If you don't know reason, then shut up.