Yakuza series ENB.

Forum rules
before posting new topic check if it's exist. modding depends from amount of potential users who will use the mod, not popular games will be ignored
  • Author
*master*

Yakuza series ENB.

Hi Boris, i was wondering if you could develop a simple ENB for Yakuza 6 to fix the performance issues with that game? it is know that every Yakuza game that uses the "new" Dragon engine has stuttering problems or performance problems due to bad ports(Yakuza 6, Yakuza Kiwami 2 and Yakuza Like a Dragon), specially the 6. I've mangaed to fix the stuttering in that game with the Nvidia Control Panel, setting the fps limit to 60 or 80, but im still having peformance problems in some areas and i wanted to ask you if someday you could dig into that game in the future if you want of course(no rush) to try to fix those performance issues, because i doubt the developers will fix that, because for the graphics that it has, it shouldn't need a gtx 1070 as recommended to run the game, and even people with better graphics cards have been experiencing fps problems.
Another thing, it has horrible aliasing problems, the only AA availables are FXAA, SMAA and SSAA, but they are awful you can see jagged edges everywhere, even at 4k.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: Yakuza series ENB.

First of all, it's win10 only, so working on it is pain in the ass. Console ports mostly complete garbage as code, rarely some love put in them, so the chance something could be improved easily is not big. Look at system requirements, they even compiled game with instructions set which disallow old cpus to run the game, which confirms incompetence and ignorance of developers who all need is money and don't care if pc players are satisfied. I don't want to help them earn more by wasting my life on this. I know these game series were good, at least in the beginning, but... Also i can't buy games any more cause paypal is blocked (some stupid russian law asking me to confirm me is me by providing data which i don't have).

*master*

Ohh, ok, don't worry, i just wanted to know if something could be made to improve the performance of those games, at least i managed to fix the stuttering, but not the random frame drops in some areas, guess i'll have to buy a new gpu later when the prices become normal again and lower the graphics a bit for now, but thanks for answering and i hope you can solve the problem with patreon :´( or find an alternative for that, but anyway, i wish you a good day :D

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I doubt performance drops happens cause of gpu. In almost all games poorly ported or optimized it's cpu side - draw calls bottleneck. Intel gpu with very fast ram are better at this.