Resident Evil 5 is now Steamworks, ENB filter tool broke

Forum rules
before posting new topic check if it's exist. modding depends from amount of potential users who will use the mod, not popular games will be ignored
  • Author

Resident Evil 5 is now Steamworks, ENB filter tool broke

Hey! Resident Evil 5 got converted to a Steamworks title. Unfortunately, the ENB mod to disable RE5's filter no longer works with the game.

Any chance that you might update the fix so all the new people and veterans playing it might be able to play it sans-filter?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: Resident Evil 5 is now Steamworks, ENB filter tool broke

No, i'm not interested to buy this game again.

ENBSeries wrote:No, i'm not interested to buy this game again.
Oh haha oops no, my bad, you don't have to buy it again. The Steam version is just updated and no longer uses GFWL, it uses Steamworks.

If the one you originally had was GFWL, you can just put your GFWL key into Steam and it'll redeem as a free copy of Resident Evil 5 for Steam.

As Alo said, Steam'll let you switch from retail RE5 to steamworks for free once you redeem the product key along with porting your gfwl save and achievements over, but the latter is supposed to go live in a bit. I think the steamworks version uses dx10 by default which is why it doesn't work. Any fix in the future, or are we out of luck?

sharkfolk wrote:As Alo said, Steam'll let you switch from retail RE5 to steamworks for free once you redeem the product key along with porting your gfwl save and achievements over, but the latter is supposed to go live in a bit. I think the steamworks version uses dx10 by default which is why it doesn't work. Any fix in the future, or are we out of luck?
No, it definitely is confirmed to be DX9 and DX9 only. they dropped dx10 support when they ported it

Alo81 wrote:No, it definitely is confirmed to be DX9 and DX9 only. they dropped dx10 support when they ported it
Ah, I see. Not sure why the fix would be busted then, thanks for the clear up!

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Just tell me, why should i waste my life for old game released again? For 5 players? I have shitty download statistics for much more popular games.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Okay, fuck off and don't use my software, i'm not interested to selfish idiots who think i'm slave.

Guys, please quit with the name-calling like children and be more mature about this, like adults. :|
The Riet, you should be nicer instead of calling ENBSeries an asshole.
ENBSeries, you should be more open-minded in regards to this request. I'm sorry you feel like you're being treated like a "slave".
We good? Good. Peace and love!

Okay, let's move on.

ENBSeries, there's far more than just "5 people" who prefer the green filter removed. Look at the DIFFERENCE.
The version below is soooo much better. It's definitely NOT a "waste of time"
The devs of the game did a huge disservice to it by smearing an ugly filter over it by making EVERYTHING GREEN.

http://www.abload.de/img/re5k7ij.jpg

http://www.abload.de/img/re5dx92009-09-2613-00-mmm0.jpg

We currently have the most definitive version of RE5, and will likely be for a long time. 1080P, 60FPS, and all the DLC! :D
You can't judge how many people appreciate your mod by the number of downloads.
If you get your mod working with Gold Edition, I'll even add it on PCGamingWiki for you to increase its popularity. I'd be thankful as hell. Please do it for us: your fans, and fans of Resident Evil. Out of the sweet and generous kindness from your heart.

So I ask you again...

Can you please do this for us? Pretty please? With a cherry on top?

In addition, RE5 isn't really an "old game", it's from 2009, and it still holds up very well today.
It's a classic. It's a very beautiful game with solid action and a suspenseful story.
It's a chapter that is the legacy that is... RESIDENT EVIL/BIOHAZARD.
Not all RE fans are rude jerks.
Now that the evil DRM is gone, we have Steam servers now, and the missing DLC, RE5 is going to be more accessible and popular than before.

It shouldn't be too difficult to port it over - it's possible that all you have to do is a directory change, or a simple tweak.
Maybe it'd take you less than an hour.

Please do this for us. For Chris... Sheva... the BSAA... and all your loyal fans who appreciate your hard work.
Thank you for reading this and for your time. :P

Ultimately it is your decision and it is your software. I honestly wasn't trying to play slave driver outside of just asking if you were down to fix a color mod on an old game. I'm red-green color blind and your mod helped me enjoy and put in 200+ hours through Steam. Immensely. The game finally gets ported to steamworks with gold edition and there are people on gaf disappointed that the mod doesnt work.

It's not just an old ass game, your work carried six years along with it just fine.

I'm not sure if going off on others who legitimately want to know if you were up to updating or not. Yes? Fine. No? Fine, we'll live, too. It's honestly cool either way, just take care and have an awesome day regardless. Good luck on your other projects.